HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MAY 06, 2014
4:00 P.M. - Convene - Executive Session
5:30 P.M. Open Session
(COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET)
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz, Superintendent
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- Motion to adopt a 2012 Corrective Action Plan.
- Motion to adopt a 2012 Corrective Action Plan for Federal and State Awards.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the extension of County Bid #2012-03, for First Responder Notification Services, for a three year period through May 15, 2017, with Emergency Services Marketing Corporation, Inc., in the amount not to exceed $117,252.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Quote #0014-2014, for professional surveying services, under the Farmland Preservation Program, (Helmer Farm, Kingwood Twp.), to Harris Surveying, Inc., amount not to exceed $6,100.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Quote #0007-2014, for professional engineering design services for the Reconstruction of County Bridges K-110 and K-111 and approach of County Route 519 (Kingwood Road) over the Lockatong Creek, in Kingwood Township, to Churchill Consulting Engineers, amount not to exceed $153,714.
VIII. LAND USE and FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County facilities.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 06, 2014.
- Motion to approve the minutes of January 29, 2014, February 04, 2014, and February 20, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Julie Gordon, Administrative Clerk moved to the Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Kimberly Baligian appointed full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Christine Johnston appointed full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Nadia Petitt, Keyboarding Clerk 1, moved to the Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees in the Sheriff’s Office covered under FOP #29, Bargaining Agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a longevity payment for an employee covered under the CWA Supervisory Bargaining Contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary increase for employees who have completed the Telecommunication’s Training Program.
- RESOLUTION - Khristopher Kalhauge, Road Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department, salary adjustment (received CDL License).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Board of Taxation to use the Hunterdon County Democrat for public and legal notices.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2014 Budget Statement Certification by Welfare Agency, for the Human Services Department, in accordance with Title 44, Chapters 7 and 10, Revised Statutes.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Art Show Waiver Agreements with senior artists, for the 40th Annual Hunterdon County Art Show.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the filing of a pre-application to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Green Acres Program, for the disposal of 0.353 acres of land from the Musconetcong Gorge Nature Preserve, to accommodate the reconstruction of County Route 519.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an extension of the professional services agreement with Donahue, Gironda & Doria, CPA, for additional services in the Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with PM Consultants, LLC, for a period of 30 days, in an amount not to exceed $10,000; for financial services in the Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a fixed weight limit on County Bridge F-45, on White Bridge Road, in Franklin Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a fixed weight limit on County Culvert W-86, on Lakeview Road, in West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the federal project for Resurfacing and Rumble Strip Installation on County Route 519, in Holland Township and Milford Borough, decrease of $13,691.74.
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Helen Cantlay on her 90th Birthday and for her years of community service.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Daniel Moncourtois for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Robert F. Fitzsimmons, III, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Acknowledging Hunterdon’s Teachers who have been selected to receive the Governor’s Teacher/ Educational Services Professional Award, on May 29, 2014.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May 4 to 10, 2014, as National Correctional Officers and Employees Recognition Week in Hunterdon County.
- To discuss merging the Open Space Advisory Committee and the Parks Advisory Board.
- To discuss vacancies in the Human Services Department; the Division of Corrections and the Engineering Division of the Public Works Department.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Flemington Business Improvement District, requesting to use the Main Street County Complex parking area on Friday, September 12, 2014, during their first annual Central Jersey Jazz Festival, for performers and volunteers.
- Discovery Through Design, requesting to hold it’s Rolling with Style Annual ½ Marathon and 5K, on Sunday, July 13, 2014, and is requesting permission to use County Route 523, in Readington Township during this event.
- Cherryville Repeater Association II, requesting to again use the field at the Route 12 County Complex, to hold their amateur radio event, from June 27 to 29, 2014. No County services are required.
- High Bridge Emergency Squad, requesting to hold a Coin Toss, on May 19, 2014 and October 04, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., in front of their headquarters on Main Street, in High Bridge.
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)