HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 2014
3:30 P.M. Convene
PUBLIC NOTICE - Convene at 3:30 p.m.
for Budget Session
(COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET)
I. 3:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before March 13, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. CONTINUATION OF BUDGET SESSION
III. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Public Safety.
- Information Technology.
- Engineering Division
IV. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz, Superintendent
FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-01, for the Realignment of the Pennsylvania Avenue Extension, to Bob Viersma & Sons, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $514,715.70.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of all proposals received for County Bid #2013-24, for a truck chassis and hook lift system, for the Department of Public Works, as they exceeded the County’s budgeted amount.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2011-02, for the Operation of a Consolidated Transportation System, for the Human Services Department, with First Transit, Inc., through June 30, 2015, in an amount not to exceed $1,394,061.59.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement under the Farmland Preservation Program, with Bohren & Bohren Associates, for (AT Movers property), Block 15, Lot 27 and (Papzian property), Block 15, Lot 27.01, in Alexandria Township, in an amount not to exceed $8,950, for surveying services.
IX. PUBLIC WORKS, Thomas Mathews
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Elanor Hahola, the Estate of Frank Hahola Sr., Executrix Frank Hajola Jr. and Margaret Hahola, on Block 11, Lot 12, (Hahola North), in Alexandria Township, estimated 49 acres, (SADC-$244,020; County-$81,340; Township-$81,340), total amount of $406,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Elanor Hahola, the Estate of Frank Hahola Sr., Executrix Frank Hajola Jr. and Margaret Hahola, on Block 16, Lot 13, (Hahola South), in Alexandria Township, estimated 15 acres, (SADC-$83,700; County-$27,900; Township-$27,900), total amount of $139,500.
X. CONSENT AGENDA“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
- Motion to approve the annual Accomplishment Report Form for the Hunterdon County Shade Tree Commission.
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 18, 2014.
- Motion to approve the special session minutes of December 30, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Jessica Wallace appointed unclassified, full time Special Deputy Surrogate, Surrogate’s Court.
- RESOLUTION - Revised longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Supervisory contract for 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Revised longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Non-Supervisory contract for 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the professional auditing services agreement with Wiss & Company, LLP, for additional services in connection with the 2012 audit, increase of $35,325.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the professional auditing services agreement with Wiss & Company, LLP, for additional services in connection with the 2013 audit, increase of $25,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for two (2) roadside tractor mowers.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2012-17, for the Reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge E-140-M, on County Route 518, over the Stony Brook, in East Amwell and Hopewell Townships, with Interstate Contracting & Excavating, LLC, decrease of $79,753.36.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #3, for County Bid #2012-25, for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge D-300, on Rosemont-Raven Rock Road, in Delaware Township, with Rencor, Inc., increase of $34,690.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2, for County Bid #2012-29, for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge RQ-179, on Stanton Station Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Raritan and Readington Townships, with Interstate Contracting & Excavating, LLC, time extension due to the cold weather.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the supplemental specifications for County Route 600 (Wescott Drive) and County Route 612 (Sand Hill Road), in Raritan Township and authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Andrew Shenenan, Troop 194, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Daniel Bramley, Troop 194, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Andrew Natale, Troop 199, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Nicholas C. Fernicola, Troop 199, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2014 Strategic Plan for the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse for grant funding, in the amount of $181,380, for municipal alliance programs and administration.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for a State Health Insurance Program, in the amount of $19,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, for transportation for veterans to medical appointments, through the LINK, in the amount of $15,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Job Access and Reverse Community program (NJARC), to improve access to transportation services, in the amount of $124,000 and a County match of $124,000 for both 2014 and 2015.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Morris Area Freewheelers Foundation, request permission to use County Route 523, at various locations, in Readington Township, during their Revolutionary Ride on Saturday, June 14, 2014.
- Gran Fondo NJ, requesting permission to again use the North Branch Library parking area and lawn, on Sunday, September 07, 2014, as a “Rest and Refreshment” area during their 4th Annual Gran Fondo NJ, which is a fundraiser for numerous New Jersey non-profit organizations (primarily The Seeing Eye).
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)