Approved Meeting Minutes for March 04, 2014
TENTATIVE AGENDA (revised March 4, 2014)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 04, 2014
3:30 P.M. Convene
(COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET)
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2014, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss legal issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. YMCA, Bruce Black (REMOVED FROM AGENDA 3/4/14)
Appeal process for Human Services allocations.
VI. UNITED STATES NAVEL SEA CADETS CORP
VII. PUBLIC SAFETY AND HEALTH SERVICES
- Health Services presentation and introduction to the County’s Health Officer.
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION (REMOVED FROM AGENDA 3/4/14)
One room school house at Wescott Preserve.
IX. FINANCE, Lou Garbaccio, Treasurer
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the County Audit for 2012.
X. LAND USE AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County facilities.
XI. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the agreement with Keller and Kirkpatrick Consulting Engineers (County Quote #0111-2007), for additional services in connection with the reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge T-36-S and approach roadway, in Lamington and Bedminster Townships, increase of $8,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the agreement with Maser Consulting Inc., (County Quote #0034-2013), for additional services in connection with the installation of a sewer grinder and associated work, for the Corrections Division of the Department of Public Safety and Health Services, increase of $600.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 04, 2014.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 03, 2013 and December 17, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Kenneth Borngesser appointed full time, unclassified Confidential Aide, Department of Finance.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a 2014 salary increase in accordance with the contract with Lodge #94, Sheriff’s Superior Officers.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Hanley appointed part time, as needed Fire School Instructor (Level 2), in the Emergency Services Division of the Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Adopt-A-Trail program and a Safety and Maintenance Manual for the program, as recommended by the Division of Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission and the County’s 300th Committee, the Special Project Grants for 2014, in the amount of $22,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for County Bid #2012-17, for the reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge E-140-M on County Route 518, over the Stony Brook, in the Townships of East Amwell and Hopewell, with Interstate Contracting & Excavating, LLC., in the amount of $27,807.73.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310 grant application with NJ Transit for two (2) Minibus vehicles designed to carry up to sixteen (16) ambulatory and/or two (2) forward facing mobility devices and one modified Van designed to carry up to four (4) ambulatory and/or two (2) wheelchairs. (Federal Transit contributes 80%; the State; NJ Transit contributes the required 20% match).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with NJ DOT for the Resurfacing, Reconstruction and Storm Water improvements project for County Route 513, in Alexandria Township and Frenchtown Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with NJDOT for the Remediation of various Scour Critical Hunterdon County Bridges, in various Municipalities.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a CEHA grant application with the State Department of Environmental Protection, for the purpose of supporting public non-community well salaries, in the amount of $26,000.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Charles Rebick for having served on the Hunterdon County Human Services Advisory Committee.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing March as Brain Injury Month in the County.
ADDED ITEM (3/3/14):
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring March 2014 as American Red Cross month in the County of Hunterdon.
- Lucy Bush, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps on Thursday, May 01, 2014, for the 63th Annual National Day of Prayer, between the hours of 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- East Amwell Historical Society, requesting permission to use County roads, during the 5K/1 Mile Walk, on Saturday, May 10, 2014, at 7:30 a.m.
- Team Somerset, requesting permission to use County roads in Readington Township to conduct individual time trials for a bicycle event, on Saturday, May 03, 2014, starting at 7:30 a.m. until around 9:30 a.m.
- Kingwood Township Volunteer Fire Company, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, April 26, 2014 and on Sunday, April 27, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at the intersection of County Route 519 and State Route 12.
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, April 05, 2014 (April 12, 2014 Rain Date), and on Saturday, November 29, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., on County Route 513 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street.
- Whitehouse Rescue Squad, asking permission to hold a Coin Toss on Friday, April 04, 2014 and Saturday, April 05, 2014 (Rain dates: April 11 & 12, 2014), and on Friday, September 05, 2014 and Saturday, September 06, 2014 (Rain dates: September 12 & 13, 2014). Time on Friday would be 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. and on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
ADDED ITEM (3/3/14):
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Hunterdon County, requesting permission to use the North County Library parking area during a parade on Sunday, March 16, 2014, from approximately 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., in order to off-load and re-load participants in the parade.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)