HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2014
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET
I. 8:30 a.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before December 18, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, Express Times and the HC News (online), newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
III. 9:30 a.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
V. FINANCE, Beth Schermerhorn, Finance Officer
- RESOLUTION - Approving Transfers between appropriations.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2014 County Budget, for the PHILEP grant, in the amount of $262,620.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2014 County Budget, for the 2013 Recycling Enhancement Act Tax Entitlement Grant, in the amount of $110,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2014 County Budget, for the Sand SSBG 2015, in the amount of $25,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2014 County Budget, for the Social Services Homeless Grant, in the amount of $3,688.
VI. PLANNING SERVICES, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Planning Services Division submit the County’s final Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) strategy to the United State Economic Development Administration for review and approval.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving a two month extension (January and February 2015), for County Bid #2009-14, for Refuse Disposal, with Raritan Valley Disposal, in the amount of $18,756.22. (The County is reviewing recently received Refuse Disposal Proposals).
VIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 30, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Katherine Terhune, Detective, Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustment (graduated the Academy).
- RESOLUTION - Rhonda Kelly appointed unclassified, Confidential Aide, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a change in the Petty Cash Custodian for the Division of Buildings and Maintenance, to Justin Tibbetts.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a change in the Petty Cash Custodian for the Division of Corrections, to John Paulmeno.
- RESOLUTION - Approving State Aid Change Order #1, for Bid #2014-01, for the realignment of Pennsylvania Ave. Extension (Bridge Q-168), in Raritan Twp., with Bob Viersma & Sons, decrease of $81,323.69.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Federal Aid Change Order #4, for Bid #2012-25, for the rehabilitation of Bridge D-300, Rosemont-Raven Rock Road, in Delaware Twp., with Rencor, Inc., increase of $34,846.33.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Ridgeley Hutchinson to the Hunterdon County Vocational Board of Education (Polytech).
IX. FOR DISCUSSION
- Animal Control
X. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)