A COMPLETE COPY OF THE OCTOBER 15, 2013 BOARD MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
OCTOBER 15, 2013
Convene - Exectuive Session 4:00 pm
Convene - Open Session 5:30 pm
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
VI. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement from Linda Peterson (High Plain Farm), for Block 30, Lot 14, in Franklin Township, estimated 35 acres, (SADC-$140,032; County-$38,508.80; Township-$38,508.80), total amount of $217,049.60.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #CountyClerk.1553, pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-5(1)L, with Sky Printing LLC, for ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $66,768.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Presentation on criteria for speed limits.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 15, 2013.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 17, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Adam Prokofiew appointed full time, provisional Clerk Driver, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Graham Kirk appointed full time, permanent Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - James Brown appointed full time, permanent Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Theresa Cleary Knight, Sane Coordinator, Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Salaries for AFSME employees for 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Public Safety Telecommunication Trainees, salary adjustment, (completed the initial program).
- RESOLUTION - Accepting January 01, 2014 as the official date of retirement for the County Administrator
- RESOLUTION - Herbert Kekorte appointed unclassified, full time Security Investigator, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Cynthia Niciecki appointed part-time Security Guard, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing John Phillips to the Hunterdon County Vocational School Board of Education, known as Polytech.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, Final, for County Bid 2012-28, for the rehabilitation of County Bridge F-45, on White Bridge Road, in Franklin Township, with Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, decrease of $750.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Service Agreement with Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, for a subcontractor to provide technical assistant services for the Local Government Capacity Grant Program.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of executive session minutes of May, June and July 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Municipal General Assistance program of West Amwell Township be transferred to the County of Hunterdon, Department of Human Services, Division of Social Services, effective November 01, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the indemnification for employment litigation Tort Claim.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the extension of a subcontract agreement #LWD-WFNJ-PY12-HCDSS, (temporary assistance to needy families, general assistance and supplemental nutrition assistance program, for one month, through July 31, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a lease agreement through Section 5310, with New Jersey Transit Corporation for a vehicle to be used in the Consolidated Transportation System, LINK.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the Mt. Airy 4-H Dairy Club on its 90th Anniversary, to be celebrated on November 30, 2013.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing James Gallagher for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a federal aid grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for the preliminary and final design of improvements to County Route 513/Interstate 78 Interchange (Exit 15, in Clinton, Franklin and Union Townships and the Town of Clinton.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification with the Division of Family Development to implement the Sandy Homeowner/ Renter Assistance Program, through the Social Services Block Grant, in the amount of $108,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification with Meals on Wheels in Hunterdon, for Home Congregate and Home Delivered Meals to seniors, increase in congregate meals of $5,109 and an increase in nutrition services of $352.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification with Briteside Adult Day Centers, Inc., for additional programming services, increase of $32,120.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification with Hunterdon Behavioral Health, decrease in funding due to loss of staff, amending contract amount to $20,139.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)