A COMPLETE COPY OF THE NOVEMBER19, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2013
4:00 pm - CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
5:30 PM - OPEN SESSION
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfers between certain appropriation accounts for 2013.
VI. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
VII. HUNTERDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- Presentation by Leadership Hunterdon Class.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Development Easement and Grant Agreement, from Doris E. Snyder, on Block 82, Lot 2, in Raritan Township, estimated 47.107 acres, (SADC-446,574.36; County-$148,858.12, Township-$147,858.12), amount of $744,290.60.
IX. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #26900, using State Contract #A-83905, with ESS, Inc., for battery plant/rectifier system, for the Division of Emergency Services, of the Public Safety and Health Services Department, in the amount of $38,439.71.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-08, for Bunker Renovations at Heron Glen Golf Course, with Earthworks, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $326,410.
X. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Approving a formal request, to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, that maintenance responsibilities for the Church Street Bridge over the Norfolk Southern Corporation, Lehigh Valley Main Line, in the Township of Bethlehem and the Borough of Bloomsbury, remain as is.
- Request to open a County Road, (579).
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 19, 2013.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of November 06, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Autumn Dilly appointed part time Librarian, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kathleen Terhune appointed full time Detective Trainee, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Bradley Winfield appointed full time Detective Trainee, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Rebecca Lunger appointed provisional, full time Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Health Services Division of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Paul Approvato appointed unclassified, full time Prosecutor’s Agent, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Jesse Cvecich appointed provisional, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety and Health Services Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2011-12, Chiller Replacement for the Justice Center, with Mechanical Preservation Association, (MPA), an increase of $41,937.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for payment #3, for County Bid #2011-12, for the Chiller Replacement for the Justice Center, with Mechanical Preservation Association, (MPA), in the amount of $22,275.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2013-23, for 2014 Cutaway Chassis Multi-Seating Configuration Buses.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Sussex and Warren Counties for a Continuum of Care plan, with Monarch Housing Associates, Inc., for consulting services, (each county to pay $3,333.33).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Lease Agreement with New Jersey Transit for use in the Consolidated Transportation System, (LINK), using Section 5310 Federal Transit Act, for a 2013 Freightliner Custom Classic Supreme President, with seating for 10 Amb + 2 WC or 5 WC.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Lease Agreement with New Jersey Transit for use in the Consolidated Transportation System, (LINK), using Section 5310 Federal Transit Act, for a 2013 Freightliner Custom Classic Supreme President, with seating for 22 + 2 + 2WC.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Somerset County, for Juvenile Home Detention Services, at a rate of $88 per client, for 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2012-27, for Roadway Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements, to County Route 602 (Manners Road) and County Route 523 (Lamington Road), in East Amwell and Tewksbury Townships, with Top Line Construction Corp, decrease of $231,736.66.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification #1, for the Local Aid and Economic Development Agreement, with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for RQ-179 on Stanton Station Road, in Raritan and Readington Township, increase of $412,421.
XIV. OLD BUSINESS
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Janet M. Hunt for having served on the Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- Request from Stockton School for storage.
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)