A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MARCH 19, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
MARCH 19, 2013
4pm: Executive Session
5:30pm: Open Session
I . 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Presentation: Early Childhood Education program. Students: Becky Clinebell, Lucas Perone and Samatha Bongiovanni.
VI. FRENCHTOWN’S ANGELS
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the hard work and dedication of The Frenchtown’s Angels.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40032437, using Quote #0018-2013, with Garden State Highway Products, for glass safety marking spheres, for Roads & Bridges Division of the Public Works Department, in the amount of $14,944.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICES
- Solid Waste Advisory Council Recycling Education Initiative Spending Plan.
- Municipal Recycling Program Monitoring Reports, 2th Quarter of 2012.
- Re-Cap of Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day, March 9th.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- To discuss two vacancies in the Prosecutor’s Office.
- Wescott Preserve House, Delaware Township.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 19, 2013.
- Motion to approve the minutes of March 05, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Geoffrey Benz appointed unclassified, full time Sheriff’s Investigator, in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Foster appointed unclassified, full time Sheriff’s Officer, in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Joseph Dolan appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader, Division of Parks and Recreation, Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Stephanie Pierce appointed unclassified, member of the Board of Elections.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a volunteer agreement for the Hunterdon County Special Weapons and Tactics Team, with William Svard.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mutual Assistance agreement for the Hunterdon County Special Weapons and Tactics Team, with Flemington Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Paul Muir and Dean Rapp to the Solid Waste Advisory Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the termination of a Provider Services Agreement dated January 17, 2012, with Meals on Wheels in Hunterdon, Inc., reflecting no decrease or change to the target population.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Federal Fiscal Year 2013 Certifications and Assurances” for the Federal Transit Administration Assistance Program, and annual Affidavit of Compliance with the Americans of Disabilities Act.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Employment and Reimbursement Agreement with Thomas E. Foster, Sheriff’s Officer.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Employment and Reimbursement Agreement with Geoffrey M. Benz, Sheriff’s Investigator.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the establishment of a bank account for the Solid Waste and Recycling Services Account.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the Local Aid & Economic Development Agreement, with the State Department of Transportation, for the Rehabilitation of the Rosemont-Raven Rock Bridge, D-300, in Delaware Township, decreasing the amount to $2,141,610.40.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to an agreement with Rencor, Inc., (County Bid #2012-25), for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge 10XX300 (D-300), federal project, in Delaware Township, removing all State reporting requirements pertaining to the Pay to Play law.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to an agreement with Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, (County Bid #2012-28), for the Reconstruction of County Bridge F-45, on White Bridge Road, over the Capoolong Creek, in Franklin Township, removing all State reporting requirements pertaining to the Pay to Play law.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to an agreement with Interstate Contracting and Excavating, LLC, (County Bid #2012-29), for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge 10RQ-179, federal project, in Raritan and Readington Townships, removing all State reporting requirements pertaining to the Pay to Play law.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to an agreement with Reivax Contracting Corporation, (County Bid #2012-30), for Intersection Improvements for County Routes 512 and 513, federal project, in Lebanon Township and Califon Borough, removing all State reporting requirements pertaining to the Pay to Play law.
- RESOLUTION - Urging NJ Transit to allow for one seat service for all trains operating during weekday off-peak hours and on weekends.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing March 2013 as Red Cross Month in Hunterdon County.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 27, 2013 as T’ai Chi and QiGong day in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing April 27, 2013 as Caregivers’ Support Day.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division on Aging and Community Services, for the State Health Insurance Program, (SHIP), in the amount of $25,000, for the period of April 01, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Accepting a Subgrant Award from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Sfety, Division of State Police, for the FY2012 EMAA grant, in the amount of $140,000 ($70,000 federal funds and a County Match of $70,000).
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on April 06, 2013 and November 30, 2013, on County Route 513 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street, beginning at 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Hunterdon Harmonizers, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps and rest rooms in the rear of the building, during their annual Craft Fair, on September 21 and 22, 2013.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)