A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JULY 16, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
JULY 16, 2013
4:00 pm - CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
5:30 PM - OPEN SESSION
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- J. Matthew Holt presented with the National Association of Regional Councils’ Tom Bradley Leadership Award, on Wednesday, July 03, 2013, during the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority conference. In addition, J. Matthew Holt has been elected to the association’s national Board of Directors.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Katelyn Cathcart and Mallory Dowd for creating a Facebook site for the Hunterdon County Youth Services Commission (YSC) to better communicate with youth and provide information and contacts on services provided by the YSC.
VII. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
VIII. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a development easement, on the Associated Tree Movers Farm, in an estimated sum not to exceed $78,720.00, for Block 15, Lot 27, an estimated 48 acres, in the Township of Alexandria.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a development easement, on the Papazian Farm in an estimated sum not to exceed $81,840.00, for Block 15, Lot 27.01, an estimated 44 acres, in the Township of Alexandria.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a grant agreement, for the purchase of the Cooper Farm, Block, 15, Lot 6,Township of Holland, (SADC -$197,080.50; Holland Township - $58,684.25; County - $58,684.25), in the amount of $314,459.00.
IX. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- To discuss approval threshold for purchases.
- To discuss a fee for Municipal-County Shared Service Agreements/ Purchasing Agent
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #CountyClerk.1520, for printing ballots, for Sky Printing, in the amount of $50,971.80, for the County Clerk, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the award of Bid #2013-13, to Eddie Kane Steel Products, Inc., for structural steel, in the amount of $33,084.06, for the Roads, Bridges, and Engineering Division, County of Hunterdon.
XI. SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICES
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Special Elections.
- Discuss two Division positions, Housing and JJC Program Development, in the Human Services Department.
- Stockton Borough School request for archive storage space.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 16, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Graham Knirk, appointed temporary, seasonal Laborer, in the Parks Division, of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Ian Vogel, appointed seasonal, when and as needed, Recreation Leader for summer programs, in the Division of Parks, of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Elizabeth Fulmer, appointed Recreation Program Coordinator, in the Division of Parks, of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Tulley, appointed full-time, provisional Program Development Specialist, in the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Yamiris Marcano, appointed part-time Bilingual Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Marianne Sievers, appointed part-time Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Dana Bivona, Social Worker Aging, is assigned to the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer O’Sullivan, appointed full-time Public Health Investigator, in the Division of Public Health Services, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Tara Smth, appointed full-time, Social Worker Aging, in the Clinical Services Division, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Correcting the resolution of July 2, 2013, Lauren Atkinson, appointed part-time (ten hours per week), Clerk I, Board of Elections, Finance and Administrative Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Anne Hewitt to the Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment on County Bid #2013-05, for the Columbia and Landsdown Trail Improvements, with Earthworks, Inc., in the amount of $102,192.89.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Final Change Order #1, FINAL, Bid #2013-05, for the Columbia and Landsdown Trail Improvements, with Earthworks, Inc., for a decreased amount of $3,767.64.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Maintenance Bond, drawn on NGM Insurance Company, for Bid #2013-05, for the Columbia and Landsdown Trail Improvements, with Earthworks, Inc., in the amount of $11,563.60.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the FFY 2011 Round 13 Job Access & Reverse Commute (JARC) agreement, with New Jersey Transit, for the period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015, for a local match of $115,000.00; Federal funds amount $115,000.00; for a total amount of $230,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Plans and Specifications for the resurfacing and safety improvements of CR 513, in the Township of Lebanon and Borough of Califon, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2013-2014 Controlled Hunting Program.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an Emergency Services Training Center Committee be established to program, design, and layout a new, future Emergency Services Training Center.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revised Ethics Policy
- Bloomsbury PTO and Town Recreation Committee, requesting permission to host a 5K Run, on October 26, 20-13, from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., utilizing portions of County Route 579 for the race.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)