A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JULY 2, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
JULY 2, 2013
4:00 pm - CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
5:30 PM - OPEN SESSION
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #26727, using State Contract #A-83907, with RF Design & Integration, for a Combiner, for Emergency Services, in the amount of $23,922.80
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40033737,using County Quote #0049-2013, with South Camden Iron Works, for snow fence for the Roads and Bridges Division of the Public Works Department, in the amount of $14,142.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification #3, to the professional engineering agreement, with Dewberry-Goodkind, Inc., in connection with the Readington-Tewksbury TID Route 523 Improvement and for the Reconstruction of County Bridge RT-12, increase of $19,890.
- To discuss a fee for Municipal-County Shared Service Agreements/Purchasing Agent.
VII. SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICES
VIII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 02, 2013.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of June 18, 2013.
- RESOLUTION -Ryan Ziemba, Assistant Supervisor of Traffic Maintenance, Vehicle Services Division of Public Works, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Kristen Shoop appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Schaefer appointed part time, Library Assistant, Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Richard Knechel appointed part time, Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Grant Jensen appointed temporary, seasonal Laborer, Roads and Bridges Division of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Tulley appointed provisional, full time Program Development Specialist, Social Services Division of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Stephanie Beech appointed permanent, full time Public Health Nurse, Public Health Nursing Division of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Correcting the resolution of June 18, 2013, approving the appointment of Kyle Gross, temporary, seasonal Laborer, Parks and Recreation Division, of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Louis Garbaccio appointed interim Chief Financial Officer, Finance and Administrative Services.
- RESOLUTION - Correcting a resolution, approving the appointment of Mark Bacchetta, temporary, seasonal Laborer, Parks and Recreation Division of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Pfurr title changed to Graduate Nurse, Division of Health Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Richard Booth appointed Senior County Park Ranger, Division of Parks and Recreation Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Warren Schultz appointed Senior County Park Ranger, Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Cindy Rochman appointed permanent, full time Key Boarding Clerk 2, Division of Senior, Disability and Veterans Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Salaries for unclassified /unaffiliated or non-contractual employees for 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Wyckoff appointed provisional, full time Senior Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Division of Human Services, Public Safety and Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Lauren Atkins appointed part time, Clerk 1 Board of Elections, Department of Finance and Administrative Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an engagement letter with Donohue, Gironda and Doria for accounting services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2011-16, Resurfacing of County Route 519, in Alexandria and Kingwood Townships, with Intercounty Paving Associates, Inc., decrease of $94,919.18.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the solicitation of bids for Grounds Maintenance Equipment and Pharmacy Services for Corrections.
XI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Del Val Cheer Boosters, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss of Sunday, July 14, 2013, for 10:00am until 4:00 pm, on the Bridge Street side of the Milford/Upper Black Eddy Bridge; at the intersection of County Route 519 and 619; and in front of the Milford Co. Firehouse
- East Whitehouse Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, July 27, 2013 and Sunday, July 28, 2013, at the intersection of County Route 523/22.
- Frenchtown Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, July 13, 2013 and Sunday, July 14, 2013, from 9:00am until 4:00pm at the intersection of Kingwood Avenue and Race Street.
- Good News Home for Women, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, September 07, 2013, during their 11th Annual Harvest Festival and Craft Fair from 8:30am until 4:30pm at the intersection of County Route 523 and River Road.
- Reach the Beach Relay, requesting permission to use various County roads through Bethlehem, Glen Gardner, Lebanon, Union, Franklin, Clinton and Readington, between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:30pm on October 18 and 19, 2013 during the relay race.
- Grace Cathedral International, requesting permission to use the Main Street County Complex parking area, for 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 pm., on Sunday, August 11, 2013 (August 18 rain date), during their annual Community Worship Service and Fair.
XII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)