A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MARCH 05, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
TENTATIVE AGENDA (UPDATED 02/04/2013)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
FEBRUARY 05, 2013
Convene 4:00 pm
Executive Session - 4pm
Open Session 5:30 pm
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. PUBLIC HEARING, HOFFMAN PROPERTY PARCELS
Hofman Property Parcels - Hearing has been rescheduled for March 05, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
VI. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
VII. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing February 2013 as Career and Technical Education Month.
PURCHASING, John Davenport Old Business:
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement and Grant Agreement, from Thomas J. Cullianane and Cynthia A. Cullianane, on Block 6, Lot 48, in Holland Township, consisting of 49.8453 acres, (SADC-$215,581, County-$62,930, Township-$62,930), total amount of $341,441.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.793209, using State Contract #A-82927, with Carmen Dodge, for vehicles, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $42,726. (FESA Trust Account).
PUBLIC WORKS, John P. Glynn, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PARKS.06136, using State Contract #A80902, with Rich Tree Service, for tree removal at Mountain Farm, for Parks and Recreation, in the amount of $22,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PARKS.06134, using State Contract #A80902, with Rich Tree Service, for tree removal at Crystal Springs, for Parks and Recreation, in the amount of $16,750.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40032433, using County Quote #0005-2013, with Ennis Paint, for thermoplastic striping powder, for the Division of Roads and Bridges, of the Public Works Department, in the amount of $11,900.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40032441, using County Quote #0007-2013, with 3M Traffic Control Materials, for reflective Sheeting, for the Division of Roads and Bridges, of the Public Works Department, in the amount of $24,936.84.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3609, using State Contract #A70256, with Dell, for ups maintenance, for the Division of Information Technology, in the amount of $19,394.40.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-30, for County Route 512 (Main Street) and County Route 513 (High Bridge-Califon Road) Intersection Improvements, in the Township of Lebanon and the Borough of Califon, to Reivax Contracting Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $151,516.65.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-31, for Roadway Resurfacing and Sidewalk Construction for County Routes 579 and 602, in the Township of East Amwell, to Reivax Contracting Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $554,733.65.
X. SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICES
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Requesting an amendment to the Recycling Enhancement Act (REA) Tax Entitlement Grants.
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
XII. CONSENT AGENDA“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- County Update.
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 05, 2013.
- Motion to approve the minutes of
October 16, 2012,
November 01, 2012,
November 07, 2012,
November 20, 2012,
November 27, 2012,
December 04, 2012,
December 18, 2012,
December 27, 2012,
January 02, 2013 and
January 15, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Jessica Slattery appointed provisional, full time Social Worker Aging, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Barile appointed permanent, full time Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Shore, Department Head, Human Services, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Salaries for employees covered under FOP #186 (Prosecutor’s Investigators, Sergeants, and Lieutenants) for 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Rachel Wilt appointed permanent, full time Senior Receptionist, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - George Ditzler reappointed to the Greater Raritan Workforce Investment Board.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for County Bid #2012-09, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge W-71, on County Route 579, (Linvale-Harbourton Road), over the Peters Brook, in West Amwell Township, with Reivax Contracting Corporation, in the amount of $29,706.26.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, final, for County Bid #2012-10, for the 2012 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County roads, in various municipalities, with Mannon Excavating and Paving Co., Inc., in the decreased amount of $17,441.44.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for County Bid #2012-10, for the 2012 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County roads, in various municipalities, with Mannon Excavating and Paving Co., Inc., in the amount of $127,509.92.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Transystems Corp., for professional engineering consulting services, in connection with the restoration and rehabilitation of County Bridge D-300, on Rosemont-Raven Rock Road, over the Lockatong Creek, in Delaware Township, in the amount of $87,758.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Keller and Kirkpatrick Consulting Engineers, for professional engineering consulting services, in connection with regard to the reconstruction of County Bridge E-140-M and E-142-M and approach roadway of County Route 518, over the Stony Brook, in East Amwell and Hopewell Township, in the amount of 3,189.80.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for labor counsel, to Cleary Giacobbe Alfieri and Jacobs, in an amount not to exceed $95,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving and endorsing Assembly Bill 691/2030 and Senate Bill 717, allowing Veterans to present their DD214 or Federal Activation Orders to obtain identification as a Veteran on their drivers’ license.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing that County Bid #2013-03 (Replacement Communications Tower) and County Bid #2013-04 (Long Life Traffic Epoxy for Road Striping) be advertised for bid.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Tower Lease Agreement with Industrial Communications Co., Inc., for use of their tower in Milford, in the amount of $22,045.56 for one year.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Lease Agreement with The Hunterdon United Soccer Club for certain portions of land at Deer Path Park.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing and including Veterans in the County’s Specialized Sedan and Volunteer Driver programs.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #3, with Warren County, for the Restoration of Inter-County Bridge #16007/L-97-W, on Old Turnpike Road, over the Musconetcong River, in Mansfield Township (Warren) and Lebanon Township (Hunterdon), net decrease of $68,378.36, revised contract amount of $977,404.26. (Warren County share - $488,702.13).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans for the reconstruction of Readington Road (County Route 617) from Dreahook Road to Harlan School Road, in Branchburg Township, (Somerset County). To be a joint project with Somerset County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the Frenchtown Angels.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant from the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, in the amount of $1,901, for the period of October 01, 2012 through September 30, 2013, to carry out a project to support the County welfare agency’s administration of the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Area Plan Grant, #10-038/060, for Adult Day Services-Social, in the amount of $24,790 to Briteside Adult Day Centers.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Job Access/Reverse Commute (JARC – Round 14) application, with New Jersey Transit for $235,000 in federal funding and a local Match of $235,000, total grant amount of $470,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Letter Agreement with the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, for state funding in the amount of $161,502, for the purpose of substance abuse prevention and education programming through the County’s Municipal Alliance Programs.
VI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Team Somerset/Race Team, requesting permission to again conduct the Readington Time Trial, on County Route 629 (Pleasant Run Road), on Saturday, April 13, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
- Girls on the Run, requesting permission to again use the Court Street Park, the steps of the Historic Court House, electricity and to place port-a-johns in the Main Street County Complex parking area, for their Girls on the Run 5K event, on Sunday, June 02, 2013, starting at 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)