A COMPLETE COPY OF THE SEPTEMBER 18, 2012 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONCE APPROVED BY THE BOARD
TENTATIVE AGENDA (Revised)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
County Administration Building
71 Main Street, 2nd Floor Meeting Room
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Sseptember 18, 2012
4:30 pm - Executive Session
5:30 pm - Open Public Session
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 14, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- To discuss legal issues.
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Kimberly Metz, Superintendent
- Polytech update.
VI. RARITAN VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Casey Crabill, President
- Update on what is happening at RVCC.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the purchase of the Ewing Family Estate, Block 15, Lot 1.01, in Raritan Township, 58.5 acres.
- Report on the Hoffman property in Holland Township. Public Hearing to be set for Tuesday, October 16, 2012.
IX. FOR DISCUSSION
- Amendments to the County’s Vehicle Polic
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated September 18, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Nicole Karpenko appointed permanent, full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Raymond Krov appointed provisional, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - David Muscatell appointed provisional, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Vincent Bivona appointed provisional, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety and Health Services Department
- RESOLUTION - John Paulmeno appointed unclassified, full time Correctional Administrator, Division of Corrections, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Andrea Kordonis, Library Assistant, hours adjusted to 35 per week as part of restructuring the Library.
- RESOLUTION - Gail Naumann, Library Assistant, hours adjusted to 19 per week as part of restructuring the Library.
- RESOLUTION - Jane Ricketts, Librarian, hours adjusted to 35 per week as part of the restructuring of the Library.
- RESOLUTION - Renato Massimo appointed temporary, seasonal Laboratory Assistant, Public Health Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Carl Schottman appointed provisional, full time County Park Ranger, Parks and Recreation Division, Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity for Division of Corrections employees covered under FOP Lodge #133.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional agreement, using County Quote #0067-2012, for farmland appraisals, with Heritage Consulting Engineers, for the Peterson Farm, Block 30, Lot 14, in Franklin Township and the Cooper Farm, Block 16, Lot 16, in Holland Township, in the amount of $6,900.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Artists’ Indemnity agreements for the Cultural and Heritage Commission’s art exhibition in the Sawmill Gallery at the Prallsville Mills, in Stockton Borough, from September 09 to 30, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for Medical Director Services through the Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness (LCCPHEP) Grant, with the Hunterdon Medical Center (Dr. Cindy Barter), in an amount not to exceed $5,000 annually, for the period of September 19, 2012 through June 30, 2013. (subject to receipt and review by County Counsel).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for professional public health epidemiology services, as part of the annual Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness (LCCPHEP) Grant, with Karen Burd Demarco, M.P.H., in an amount not to exceed $39,060, for the period of October 22, 2012 through June 30, 2013. (subject to receipt and review by County Counsel).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Richard “Dick” Stothoff for being chosen as the recipient of the Raritan Township Republican Club’s 2012 Outstanding Community Service Award.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Beverly N. Drake for having served on the Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revision to the VOCA grant application, to change the term to August 01, 2012 to July 31, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Health Services Grant application, for 2013, with the State Department of Human Services, for alcohol and drug abuse services, in the amount of $247,838 in state funds and a County Match of $32,901.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of a grant application for the County Environmental Health Act (CEHA).
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Hunterdon County Library, requesting permission to hold a hay ride and have food vendors, during the Fall Festival to be held October 27, 2012 (Rain Date, November 03, 2012).
- Frenchtown Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, October 06, 2012 and Sunday, October 07, 2012, at the intersection of Kingwood Avenue and Race Street, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Milford N.J. Fire Co., Inc., requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, October 06, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., at Bridge Street; at the intersection of County Routes 519 and 619; and in front of the Milford Fire House on Water Street.
- Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce, requesting to use the County’s electronic signs for their 24th Annual Business and Home Expo & Restaurant Showcase on October 16, 2012. Signs would be needed from Sunday, October 14, 2012 until close of the event on the 16th.
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)