A COMPLETE COPY OF THE SEPTEMBER 04, 2012 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2012
3:30 PM - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 PM - Open Session
I. 3:30 p.m. CONVENE: "This
meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before August 31, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
III. 5:15 p.m. HCUA
IV. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. 5:30 PUBLIC HEARING
- RESOLUTION - Approving
proposed improvements and acquisitions in connection with the road construction project on County Route 600 (Wescott Drive) and County Route 612 (Sand Hill Road), in Raritan Township; and authorizing County Counsel and the Public Works Director to make offers and negotiate with property owners in accordance with the appraisals.
VII. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. PURCHASING, John Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2009-25, to provide long distance telephone service, to Embarq Communications, (d/b/a CenturyLink), in the amount of $86,292.00 for a 3 year contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, using County Quote #0067-2012, for farmland appraisals, with Vanguard Appraisal Services, for the following farms: Zander 1 Farm in Alexandria Township, Block 22, Lot 26; Zander II Farm, in Kingwood Township, Block 5, Lot 3; Helmer Farm in Kingwood Township, Block 2, Lot 5; KJA Holdings/John Alexis, in Holland Township, Block 25, Lot 34; and Readington/Toll 2 Farm, in Readington Township, Block 94, Lot 19, in an amount not to exceed $9,000
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, using County Quote #0067-2012, for farmland appraisals, with C.L. Orbacker and Associates, Inc., for the following farms: Zander 1 Farm in Alexandria Township, Block 22, Lot 26; Zander II Farm, in Kingwood Township, Block 5, Lot 3; Helmer Farm in Kingwood Township, Block 2, Lot 5; and KJA Holdings/John Alexis, in Holland Township, Block 25, Lot 34, in an amount not to exceed $6,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, using County Quote #0067-2012, for farmland appraisals, with Tom Rodriguez Associates, for the following farm: Readington/Toll 2 Farm, in Readington Township, Block 94, Lot 19, in an amount not to exceed $2,000.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- To discuss a vacancy in the Housing Division of the Human Services Department. (federal funded) .
- To discuss a vacancy in the Social Services Division of the Human Services Department. (state funded).
- To discuss a vacancy in the Division of Central Printing and Mail, in the Finance/Administration Department.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated September 04, 2012.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of July 05, 2012 and August 21, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Geoffrey Underhill appointed permanent, full time Senior Technician MIS, in the Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving grant merit-based salary increases to unclassified and non-contractual employees for 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Suzanne Bennett appointed provisional, full time Keyboarding Clerk 3, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Mary Beth Hurford appointed temporary, as needed Clerk, Board of Elections.
- RESOLUTION - Robin Krog voluntary transfer to full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the subordination of a mortgage for Cynthia Echevarria.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Service and Occupancy agreement with Ben Walck, for the home at the Mountain Farm, in Lebanon Township, monthly rent to be $850.
- RESOLUTION - Approving No Passing Zones be established and maintained along Rosemont-Ringoes Road, County Road numbers 6 and 23 (604) in Delaware, East Amwell and Raritan Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mid-Block Pedestrian Crosswalk on County Route 579 (John Ringo Road), in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for #2012-18 for Home Health Services, Certified and Non Certified; #2012-19 for Snow and Ice Control Materials; #2012-20 for Maintenance Repair Materials; #2012-21 for Payroll Services; and #2012-22 for the Hoffman property hunting license agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of Maintenance Bond #0384682, with Toll Brothers II, LP, Alexandria Estates, North Side, Block 15, Lot 9, for improvements to County Route 513/625, in the amount of $47,146.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mutual Assistance Agreement with the Township of Washington, for the Fatal Accident Collision Team (FACT), to provide specialized law enforcement services for fatal motor vehicle collisions and motor vehicle collisions that result in serious bodily injury.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right-of-way on County Route 519, in the amount of $15,798.20 and a bridge maintenance easement, for structures A-56 in the amount of $240.80 and A-58 in the amount of $249.40, in Alexandria Township (Nemeth property).
- RESOLUTION -
Approving the renewal of a Title IV-D Reimbursement grant application, with the State Department of Family Development, in the amount of $194,427.50 ($110,644.60-salaries - $83,782.90-fringe benefits).
- RESOLUTION -
Recognizing George Wisniewski for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout, Troop 62.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- North Hunterdon Rotary Club, requesting permission borrow 350 safety cones, for the annual 26 th Skylands Triathlon on September 09, 2012. The cones would be used for the bike course at the park.
- CEA and Johanna Foods, requesting permission to place 12 portable restrooms in the Main Street County Parking lot for use during the annual Turkey Trot, on November 22, 2012. Units will be placed in the area on November 21, 2012 and removed on November 23, 2012.
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)