A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MARCH 06, 2012 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONCE APPROVED BY THE BOARD
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
MARCH 06, 2012
2pm - Special Meeting – continued Budget Discussions - Freeholder's Conference Room, 2nd Floor 71 Main Street
4pm – Executive Session Discussion - Freeholder's Conference Room, 2nd Floor 71 Main Street
5:30 pm – Open Session at Historic County Courthouse, Main Street
2:00 p.m. Capital Budget Discussion
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before February 29, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
5:30 p.m. RECONVENE – Historic Court House
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. HUNTERDON CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, VARSITY CHEERLEADERS
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing the HCRHS Varsity Cheerleaders on winning First Place, in the Large Varsity Division, at the National Cheerleading Championships, on February 12, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Erin Mack, Lauren Brady, Hanna Kemp and Alexandra Luciano of the HCRHS Varsity Cheerleading Squad, for attaining first place, in the All-Girl Partner stunt Event, of the National Cheerleading Championships.
V. POLYTECH, Katie Bergacs
PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
- Katie Bergacs, Polytech Social Worker speaking on HIB (harassment, intimidation and bullying) procedures.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VII. FARMLAND/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a bridge maintenance easement, from Theodore J. Peters and Grace R. Peters, on Block 38, Lot 49, and Block 40, Lot 2, in Readington Township, for structure $-43, in the amount of $1,881.00.
- White Bridge Road Bridge, F-45, meeting to be held on Thursday, March 08, 2012, at 4:00 p.m., at the bridge.
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated March 06, 2012.
- Motion to approve minutes of February 14, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Gonzales, Road Repairer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Ege appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division of Human Service Departme
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for (1) Bid #2012-07, for two (2) Ford E-350 cutaway chassis with a 14’ Morgan City Max Parcel Van Body and associated equipment or approved equivalent and for (2) Bid #2012-08, to furnish and deliver Diesel Fuel.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Barbara Luby to the Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for the Emergency Reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge E-142-M, on County Route 518, in East Amwell and Hopewell Townships, to Sparwick Contracting, Inc., in the amount of $241,058.34.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for the Reconstruction of Hunterdon County Bridge W-71, on County Route 579, on Linvale-Harbourton Road, over Peters Brook, in West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Opposing Assembly Bill A-2202/Senate Bill S-1459, proposing to consolidate shared services by permitting the establishment of an undefined countywide purchasing “system” employing a qualified purchasing agent and requiring participation by all public school districts within the County.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting Hagadorn’s transition to Veterans Haven North.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing March, 2012 as National Nutrition Month.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May, 2012 as Older Americans Month.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant award from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, for the SANE/SART program, in the amount of $59,870 (federal-$47,896 and a County Match of $11,974).
- Team Somerset Bicycling Club, requesting permission to use County roads to conduct individual time trails, on Saturday, May 05, 2012, starting at 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
- Califon Board of Recreation, Memorial Day Committee, requesting permission to close County Route 512, from School Street to Academy Street, for one hour, commencing at 10:45 a.m., on Monday, May 28, 2012 for their annual parade.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)