A COMPLETE COPY OF THE FEBRUARY 21, 2012 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONCE APPROVED BY THE BOARD
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
FEBRUARY 21, 2012
4:00 pm - Executive Session
5:30 pm - Open Public Session
NOTE - 3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. ROTARY – presentation of proclamation
VI. BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS OF SOMERSET & HUNTERDON
VII. NORTH JERSEY TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AUTHORITY
VIII. RARITAN LACROSSE LEAGUE
IX. PUBLIC SAFETY, George F. Wagner, Director
- CERT (County Emergency Response Team) presentation.
X. FARMLAND/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a development easement on the High Plain Farm, in Franklin Township, Block 30, Lot 14, (SADC-$126,480; County-$42,160; Township-$42,160), total amount of $210,800.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a development easement on the Hill and Dale 2 Farm, in Tewksbury Township, Block 30, Lot 1.05, (SADC-$398,610; County-$132,870; Township-$132,870), total amount of $664,350.
XI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss unfunded parkland (purchased without Green Acres Funds).
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
"All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated February 21, 2012.
- Motion to approve minutes of January 31, 2012 and February 01, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Lisa Piazza appointed provisional, full time Family Service Supervisor, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Stephen Allara appointed permanent, full time County Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety Department
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Zmuda appointed permanent, full time Mechanic, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Paul Bolanowski appointed permanent, full time Mechanic, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Tanvi Rastogi appointed permanent, full time Librarian, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Robin Krog granted a voluntary demotion to provisional, full time Human Services Specialist 3, Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Joan Tigar granted a voluntary transfer to provisional, full time Keyboarding Clerk 3, Division of Public Health Services, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with the New Jersey Department of Human Services, for the purpose of administering the Personal Assistance Services program, in the amount of $57,056.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for Steel Beam Guide Rail.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a Performance Bond #B192289, for the Hamlet at Cedar Bridge, Block 19, Lot 2, in Alexandria Township, to Ferruggia Associates, in the amount of $125,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Kenneth Novak as an alternate member to the Hunterdon County Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the approving the appointment of Elaine Niemann as a regular member, from alternate, to the Hunterdon County Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Appointment of Susan Herles to the Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Elise Collins of Sunrise House Foundation to the Hunterdon County Professional Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Amending the September 06, 2011 resolution for public health nursing services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40029418, using County Quote #0022-2012, with Samson Metal Service, for structural steel, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $18,081.63
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring March as Brain Injury Awareness Month.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, to process all requests for Universal Service Fund (USF) check replacements generated through the Family Assistance Management Information System, for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance program, in the amount of $1,185.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, for the administration of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance program including accurate data entry of verified information in the Financial Accounting and Management Information System, in the amount of $2,107.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2012 State/Community Partnership (SCP) and Family Court Appropriations award, from the New Jersey Justice Commission, for funding in the amount of $295,227 (consisting of $135,567 in SCP service funds; $97,157 in SCP management funds and $6,953 in Juvenile Accountability Block grant federal allocation).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, for the Stop Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), in the amount of $8,631 (Federal - $6,473 and a County Match of $2,158).
- Sue Lehrer, 5K Race Director for Girls on the Run, requesting permission to use the Main Street County Complex parking facility, on Thursday, May 31, 2012, beginning at 3:00 p.m. with set up and ending after the awards ceremony around 9:00 p.m. Also, requesting permission to place port-a-johns at the parking facility.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)