A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MARCH 15, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2 nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
March 15, 2011 - 3:30pm Executive Session - 5:30 Open Session
(public notice - change in meeting time)
I. 3:30 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before March 10, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- Public Hearing - Resolution to Establish a Cap Bank.
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfers in certain 2010 Appropriation Reserve Accounts.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2011 Emergency Temporary Budget.
- Presentation by Adult Cosmetology students.
VII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Update of Webhosting shared service concept.
- Occupational Health Services for Haz/Mat Team.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Quote #0039-2009, for professional auditing services for the County and Hunterdon County Utilities Authority, with Samuel Klein and Company, in an amount not to exceed $71,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Quote #0072-2010, for professional engineering design services, for InterCounty Bridge L-25-W and approach at Point Mountain Road, over the Musconetcong River, to Malick & Scherer, PC., in an amount not to exceed $121,043.58.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Quote #0004-2011, for professional accounting services for the Hunterdon County Department of Human Services, Division of Housing, to David W. Ciarrocca, C.P.A., in an amount not to exceed $26,400.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification to County Quote #0061-2010, for professional surveying services, in connection with the Farmland Preservation Program, with Bohren and Bohren Associates, Inc., for additional work on the Frick/Levin Farm, Block 15, Lot 13, in Alexandria Township, increase of $1,380.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification to County Quote #0061-2010, for professional surveying services, in connection with the Farmland Preservation Program, with Bohren and Bohren Associates, Inc., for additional work on the Runge 2 Farm, Block 19, Lot 13, in Alexandria Township, increase of $3,200.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Granting final approval on the acquisition of a development easement on the Copeland Farm, from Delaware Township, for Block 39, Lot 3, (SADC - $647,700; County - $215,900; Township - $215,900), total amount of $1,079,500.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 15, 2011
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for January 2011.
- RESOLUTION - George dePompignan appointed unclassified, full time Assistant Prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Isabelle Aspin appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Curt Blomquist, Interim Supervisor of a Bridge Crew, salary adjustment, Roads and Bridges Division.
- RESOLUTION - Shane Fryer, County Park Ranger, Parks and Recreation, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Alan Goracy appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Janice Kovach to the Hunterdon County Vocational School Board of Education, known a “Polytech”.
- RESOLUTION - Approving 2011 Golf Facility Rates for Heron Glen.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment on County Bid #2009-24, for Resurfacing and Sidewalk Improvements to County Route 635, in Hampton Borough, with Tilcon New York, in the amount of $44,467.28.
- RESOLUTON - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2010-17, for the Reconstruction of Bridge R-123, on Holland Brook Road, in Readington Township, with Kalogridis Contracting, decrease of $3,162.05.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2010-17, for the Reconstruction of Bridge R-123, on Holland Brook Road, in Readington Township, with Kalogridis Contracting, in the amount of $74,030.76.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for (1) Bid #2011-01, Operation of the Transportation System; (2) Bid #2011-02, Food and Commissary Services for the Hunterdon County Correctional Facility; and (3) Bid #2011-03, MOD IV and CAMA Data Processing Services, for the Tax Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Reconstruction of Bridge W-124, on Alexauken Creek Road, in West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant agreement with the North Hunterdon Cluster, for the purpose of implementing substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $23,800.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant agreement with the South Hunterdon Cluster, for the purpose of implementing substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $14,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission, the administration of the Local Arts Program (LAP) grant awards, in the amount of $60,049.
- RESOLUTION - Naming the 300 th Anniversary Steering Committee for the County Tri-Centennial Celebration in 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Subgrant application for the Emergency Management Performance Grant, from the NJ Dept. of Law and Public Safety, Division of State Police, in the amount of $100,000 ($50,000-Federal funds and $50,000-County Match).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with Community Affairs, to process all requests for Universal Service Funds (USF) check replacements generated through the Family Assistance Management Information System (FAMIS), to respond to client inquiries regarding Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), in the amount of $987.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with Community Affairs, to support the County Welfare Agency’s administration of the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program, including accurate data entry in the Financial Accounting and Management Information System, in the amount of $1,833.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2011 Subregional Transportation Program, with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $64,880 ($51,904-Federal funds and a County Match of $12,976).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing March 2011 as Brain Injury Awareness Month in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Nicholas John Brancato for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Ben Joseph Colalillo for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Dylan Ladd for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Tyler Curtis Veth for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- Team Somerset Bicycling Club, requesting permission to use County Roads on Saturday, Mary 07, 2011, from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m., for their time trial events.
- Milford Fire Company, requesting permission to hold a Coin-Toss fundraiser on Saturday, April 30, 2011, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., at Bridge Street; at the intersection of County Route 619 and 619; and in front of the Milford Fire Co.
- East Whitehouse Fire Department, requesting permission to hold their 11 th Annual Coin Toss Fundraiser, at the intersection of Routes 523 and 22, on Saturday, July 30, 2011 and Sunday, July 31, 2011.
- Hunterdon County Polytech, requesting in-kind printing services for 500 Apprenticeship brochures.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)