A COMPLETE COPY OF THE SEPTEMBER 20, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Convene 4:00 pm
Executive Session 4:00 pm
Open Session 5:30 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 29, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. PUBLIC HEARING – HAWKE PROPERTY
VI. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Education Students talking about national awards this past summer in California.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40028092, using County Quote #0064-2011, with Alarm & Communication Technologies, for a fire alarm panel upgrade for the Buildings and Maintenance Department, in the amount of $22,248.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Emergency repairs for Inter-County Bridge E-142-M, in East Amwell and Hopewell Townships.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara, Director
- To discuss a proposal for land surveying services in connection with the Schibilia-Pitha property in Lebanon Township, with Robert W. Lee, Inc.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 20, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 02, 2011 and the Special Minutes of September 13, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the Prosecutor’s Lieutenants contract, for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the Prosecutor’s Sergeants contract, for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the Prosecutor’s Investigators contract, for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing No Parking on Route 645 (Musconetcong River Road) for snow removal, in Lebanon Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a speed limit for County Route 619 (Harrison Street-Milford-Frenchtown Road) in Alexandria Township and Frenchtown and Milford Boroughs.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2, Final, for County Bid #2010-07, for Drainage Improvements to County Route 513 with County Route 617, in High Bridge Borough and Raritan Township, with Z Brothers Concrete Construction, Inc., in the decreased amount of $29,755.23.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2010-07, for Drainage Improvements to County Route 513 with County Route 617, in High Bridge Borough and Raritan Township, with Z Brothers Concrete Construction, Inc., in the amount of $3,430.77.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Policy #2011-07, for the establishment and use of petty cash accounts.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a County Surplus Sale be scheduled for October 15, 2011. Also to be sold are several municipal vehicles.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #7, for County Bid #2010-29, for the Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, with Belmont Construction Corporation, in the amount of $257,155.13.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #4, for County Bid #2010-29, for the Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center (RRC), with Belmont Construction Corp., for adding 85 feet of curbing at the parking area near the RRC to control water, increase of $6,758.63.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #5, for County Bid #2010-29, for the Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center (RRC), with Belmont Construction Corp., for repairing existing underground lightening protection system and installing new steel reinforcing and concrete at the existing footings due to existing conditions, increase of $2,219.17.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing William James Gowell for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Accepting an award for the Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness grant, in the amount of $306,814 (state pass through funds, a County Match of $25,815 and other grant support in the amount of $10,000).
- RESOLUTION - Accepting a Subgrant Award for the FY2011 FEMA Emergency Management Performance Grant, from the State Dept. of Law and Public Safety, in the amount of $100,000 ($50,000 federal funds and a County Match of $50,000).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, in the amount of $226,461.83 (state funds).
- Franklin Township, requesting permission to close a portion of Quakertown Road between Pittstown Road and Locust Grove Road, during Quakertown Fire Company’s second Oktoberfest, on Saturday, October 08, 2011, between 2:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Raritan Township Municipal Utilities Authority, asking permission to pursue a diversion on part of Block 74, Lot 2, jointly owned by the County and Raritan Township, to allow for the creation of a solar project.
XV. FOR DISCUSSION
- RESOLUTION – Approving a cooperative pricing agreement with Readington Township in connection with the East Hunterdon Solar Renewable Energy Cooperative pricing agreement.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)