A COMPLETE COPY OF THE SEPTEMBER 06, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
1:00 P.M. – Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
I. 1:30 P.M. CONVENE:
meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before August 31, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. SPECIAL EXECUTIVE SESSION
discuss contractual matters
III. 4:00 PM - EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 5:30 PM -PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FOR DISCUSSION
- Solar Co-op Discussion/agreement with the Birdsall Services Group, to perform a Solar Photovoltaic System Feasibility Study and RFP Development, in an amount not to exceed $28,000.
VII. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #County.Clerk.1345, with AMCAD, for a software upgrade, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $56,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #400276992, using County Quote #0056-2011, with Chemung Supply Corporation, for snow fence, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $16,388.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2010-16, for fine paper and envelopes, with Paper Mart, Inc., for a second year, in an amount not to exceed $79,086.10.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-11, for Bucyrus Snow Plow Shoes, to Chemung Supply Corporation, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in an amount not to exceed $34,135.20.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-13, for Audio/Visual Control Parks or their approved equivalent, to Taurus Technologies, Inc., for the Public Safety Department, in an amount not to exceed $26,393.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-14, to furnish and deliver 87 Octane Gasoline, to the County, to Rachles/Michele’s Oil Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $895,722.30, for a two year period.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-16, for Resurfacing of County Route 519, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to InterCounty Paving Associates, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $1,046,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-17, for Resurfacing and Safety Improvements of County Routes 523 and 517, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to English Paving Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $2,169,247.09.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-18, to furnish and post Tensioning of a 7’ High x 6’3” wide (opening) Precast Concrete Culvert, for Culvert A-31, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Oldcastle Precast, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $27,270.23.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2011-24, to furnish and deliver Long Life Stripe Exopy, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Epoplex, Division of Stoncor Group, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $86,250.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects
- Debriefing of Hurricane Irene.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING , Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with June P. Schibilia, John Pitha and Joseph Pitha for the purchase of Block 57, Lot 12, (63.250 acres) in Lebanon Township, for the amount of $506,000.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update .
- Family Service Worker position.
- South County Park/fairgrounds permits.
- Posting of scanned Tax Maps on the County’s Internet Site.
- Interest regarding Point Mountain Residence.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 06, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of July 19, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Jacob Cole, Jr. appointed temporary, full time Interim Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Linda Hansen, Library Assistant, Library, change in hours.
- RESOLUTION - Sabatino DeSantis, part time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Public Safety Department, changed to full time Public Safety Telecommunicator.
- RESOLUTION - Guiseppe Palmieri appointed temporary, when and as needed, Instructor’s Aide, Division of Emergency Management, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Francis Fayne appointed temporary, when and as needed Instructor, Division of Senior Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Leone appointed permanent, full time Equipment Operator, Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Dana Bivona appointed provisional, full time Social Worker Aging, Division of Senior Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Zachary Blasberg appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2, for County Bid #2010-29, for Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, with Belmont Construction Corporation, increase of $647.20.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #3, for County Bid #2010-29, for Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, with Belmont Construction Corporation, increase of $21,183.
- RESOLUTION - Approving No Passing Zones along Harrison Street-Milford-Frenchtown Road, County Road #13 (619), in the Boroughs of Frenchtown and Milford, and the Township of Alexandria.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Artists’ Indemnification forms for the Cultural and Heritage Commission’s Art Exposition, scheduled to open on September 10, 2011, at the Prallsville Mill.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Scope of Services for the Design of County Route 513/Interstate 78 Interchange 15, in the Town of Clinton and the Townships of Clinton and Franklin, to Jacobs, in an amount not to exceed $1,571,497.06.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Scope of Services Modification for the Design of County Route 519, Warren Glen Hill Climbing Lane, in Holland Township, to Cherry, Weber and Associates, in the amount of $210,381.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a payment of $600,000 to the Borough of Flemington, in connection with the June 26, 2007 agreement on the Realignment of Park Avenue.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Policy #2011-01, for Retiree Health Benefits.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Public Health Nursing be placed under the consolidated model of the Department of Human Services.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing September 11, 2011 as a day of solemn commemoration of the events of September 11, 2001.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Timothy Bragg for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal for Title IV-D Reimbursement Agreement, in the amount of $275,520.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant award for the Recovery Stop Violence Against Women (VAWA) grant, in the amount of $8,036 (federal - $6027 and County Match - $2,009).
- North Jersey Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D), requesting permission to permanently locate (lease) the Lechner House, at the Echo Hill Environmental Education property,
- David Meiswinkle, NJ Architects & Engineers, State Coordinator for the 10 th Anniversary Committee, requesting permission to use the Court House steps and surrounding sidewalk for a Day Light Vigil, on September 08, 2011, between 10 am and 2 pm.
- SAFE in Hunterdon, requesting permission to hold a Candlelight Vigil in front of the Historic Court House on Wednesday, October 12, 2011, from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Also requesting permission for a podium, light, microphones, tables and chairs for the event.
- Bradley Patkochis, Chief, Quakertown Fire Co., requesting permission to obtain from the County’s GIS Division, information to build a pre-planning mapping system for fire suppression.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)