A COMPLETE COPY OF THE OCTOBER 04, 2011 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONCE APPROVED BY THE BOARD.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Convene - 4:00 pm
Executive Session - 4:00 pm
Open Session - 5:30 pm
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 29, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Kimberly Browne, Director
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the County Audit for 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing compliance with the Local Finance Board in connection with the 2010 County Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable in the amount of $3,042 for the 2010 CEHA grant, and the grant reserve in the amount of $3,041.69.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2011 Budget for the State Health Services Grant, in the amount of $306,814.
VI. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #CountyClerk.1350, using State Contract #A-70256, with Dell Marketing, for services, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $23,732.50. (Trust Fund monies).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-19, for twenty (20) IAS Voting Receivers or their approved equivalent, to ICOM America, Inc., in an amount no to exceed $31,877.20.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-20, for snow and ice control materials (Rock Salt), to International Salt Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $490,950.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-20, for snow and ice control materials (Calcium Chloride Solution), to Peckham Materials Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $31,080.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-25, for NIJ Level 4 Ballistic Shield, for the Prosecutor’s Office, to Patriot3, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $28,395.54.
- RESOLUTION - Approving contract modification #2, to the professional services agreement with Bohren and Bohren Associates, Inc., to provide surveying services with the Farmland Preservation Program, in the additional amount of $980.
VII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING, Alan Johnson
- To establish a date and time for a public hearing to amend the Solid Waste Management Plan to include a proposed Solid Waste Facility in Raritan Township, to be operated by Flemington Concrete Products, LLC.
- To establish a date and time for a public hearing to dissolve the Hunterdon County Utilities Authority.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTON - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Council, a Nonprofit Grant Program application with Raritan Headwaters Association, (formerly the South Branch Watershed Association), in an amount not to exceed $300,000, towards the purchase of Block 7, Lot 13 (Urbach), in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION -Approving a grant agreement with the Estate of Henry D. Boss by R. Howard Boss, a/k/a Robert H. Boss, Executor, on Block 15, Lot 7, in Holland Township, consisting of 130.971 acres, (SADC-$576,272.40; County-$170,262.30; Township-$170,262.30), total amount of $916,797.
X. TRANSCONTINENTIAL GAS PIPE LINE - PRESENTATION
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 04, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 16, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Leslie Klesat appointed temporary, as needed Instructor, Division of Senior Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Amy Hicks appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a mortgage with Dolores Smith.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a mortgage with Alva Painter.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment on County Bid #2011-06, for Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements to County Route 619, in Frenchtown Borough, to Reivax Contracting Corp., in the amount of $17,666.08.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification #2, to the professional engineering services agreement with Dewberry-Goodkind, Inc., in connection with the Readington-Tewksbury TID Route 523 Improvement and the Reconstruction of County Bridge RT-16, in the amount of $69,562.48.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to Annex A of County Contract 11-532-ADA-0, between the County and the Division of Addiction Services, to modify language pertaining to the structure of the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center for Public Health Preparedness, in the amount of $149,993 ($144,993 from the Local Core Preparedness grant and $5,000 from the Homeland Security Grant).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Sparwick Contracting, for the Emergency Reconstruction of InterCounty Bridge E-142-M, on County Route 518, in East Amwell Township and Hopewell Township, in Mercer County, in an amount not to exceed $522,334.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Shana L. Taylor as County Counsel.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring November as Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring October as Community Planning month in the County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant Award and Special Conditions for the County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force Grant, in the amount of $49,434 (federal funds).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Contract #TS12010, with the State Department of Human Services, for $33,768 in Transportation Block Grant funds, to provide services to recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310 Transfer of Title Agreement for vehicles currently leased from New Jersey Transit, to the ownership of Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-025/026, for Congregate and Home Delivered Meals, decrease in home delivered meals of $4,581 and an increase of $5,107 for Congregate Meals.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a Hunterdon County Local Arts Program Block Grant, through the Cultural and Heritage Commission, for the County Library, to assist in facilitating programs of an educational, cultural and musical nature, at the Route 12 Library and Clinton Libraries, in the amount of $20,000 ($10,000-local arts and $10,000-County Match).
- A. Steven Jordan, requesting permission to use the Route 12 County Complex between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and midnight, Monday through Friday, to set up a telescope, as he is a member of the New Jersey Astronomical Association.
- James and Lisa Weske, requesting permission to open a County Road in Bloomsbury, to install a gas line, at their property.
- Milford Merchants’ Association, requesting permission to close a portion of Route 519 on October 30, 2011, at 1:00 p.m., during their annual Halloween Parade.
- Milford New Jersey Fire Company, Inc., requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, October 08, 2011, at Bridge Street in Milford; at the intersection of County Route 519 and 619; and in front of the Fire House.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)