A COMPLETE COPY OF THE NOVEMBER 01, 2011 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ONCE APPROVED BY THE BOARD.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Convene - 4:00 pm
Executive Session - 4:00 pm
Open Session - 5:30 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 29, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Katie Bergacs, MSW, to discuss Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying policies.
VI. FINANCE, Kimberly Browne, Director
- Budget Presentation.
- For Discussion - Reaffirming the County’s Emergency Policy addressing Hunterdon County’s Fiscal and Budgetary Crisis.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-22, to furnish and deliver Prescription Services, for the Adult Corrections Facility, to IPPC Pharmacy, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $150,000 for a two (2) year period.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. SMALL CITIES COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT -HOUSING REHABILITATION PROGRAM UPDATE, Alan Johnson
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Facilities update regarding Hawke Property.
- Name change fee.
- RESOLUTION - 300th Anniversary of Hunterdon County.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated November 01, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 20, 2011, October 04, 2011 and October 18, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Jessica Chilmonik appointed permanent, part time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Deidre Cardenas appointed permanent, part time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Debra Picard appointed provisional, full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, in the Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Darlene Andes appointed provisional, full time Public Health Representative 3 Communicable Disease, in the Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Shu Chen-Chiang appointed provisional, full time Public Health Nurse Supervisor, in the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Lisa Backowski appointed unclassified, full time Deputy County Clerk, in the County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Eli Goings appointed temporary, as needed, Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2012 Subregional Transportation Program, with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $64,880 ($51,904-federal funds and a County Match of $12,976).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Federal Change Order #1, for County Bid #2010-11, for the Resurfacing of County Route 512 and County Route 517, in Tewksbury Township, with Schifano Construction, in the decreased amount of $170,223.70.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2010-11, for the Resurfacing of County Routes 512 and 517, in Tewksbury Township, with Schifano Construction, in the amount of $47,900.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2011-29, for a Simulcast Base Station for the Communications Division, for the Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract the 2012 Subregional MUTCH Retro-Reflective Traffic Sign Inventory and Assessment Program, with the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $133,000 in federal funds.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Robert Austin Benz for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey Council of the Arts, for a Local Arts Program, in the amount of $77,816 ($63,908-state and a County Match of $13,908).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award with the New Jersey Victims of Crime Act, for the County Offices of Victim Witness Advocacy Grant Program, in the amount of $107,436, ($85,949-federal funds and a County Match of $21,487).
- Readington Township, requesting an In-Kind Print Service from the County for the reproduction of various Uniform Construction Code forms and applications, as well as other municipal department forms, checklists and stationary.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)