A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MAY 19,, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2 nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 3:30pm Executive Session - 5:30 Open Session
(public notice - change in date and time)
3:00 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 3:30 p.m.CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 21, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. Special Executive Session - Continuation of Budget Discussion
III. 4:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
5:30 p.m. RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION AT THE HISTORIC COURT HOUSE
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. PUBLIC HEARING, SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN AMENDMENT (public notice)
VII. 6:00 p.m. CULTURAL & HERITAGE COMMISSION, Stephanie Stevens
- Presentation of Essay Awards for “Most Historic Place in my Town”.
RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION AT THE MAIN STREET COUNTY COMPLEX
VIII. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Apprenticeship program. (Photo)
IX. PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Motion to approve a proposal from ATS to provide witness and detailed inspection, reporting of Tank Installation and provide enhanced testing, for the Everittstown Garage Fuel Island Installation.
X. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3315, with Dominion Voting, for software licenses, for the Division of Information Services, in the amount of $15,000. (operating budget).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.792502, using NJ State Contract #A-70256, with Dell, for computer equipment, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $20,506.50. (Trust Account).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-02, for the Operation of the Hunterdon County Consolidated Transit System, to First Transit Inc., in an amount not to exceed $4,035,708 for a three (3) year period.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-03, for Automated Data Processing Services, for the County Tax Board, to Vital Communications, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $186,585.06, for a three (3) year period.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2011-05, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge W-124, on Alexauken Creed Road, over the Alexauken Creek, in West Amwell Township, to Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $624,292.
XI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement for a development easement from Estate of Hazel M. Harrison, for Block 31, Lots 4 and 10, in East Amwell Township, consisting of 96.056 acres, (SADC - $422,646.40, County - $118,148.89, Township - $131,596.71), total amount of $672,392.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement for a development easement with Readington Township, for Block 53, Lot 5.02, consisting of 23.328 acres, (SADC-$244,944, County-$81,648, Township-$81,648 (pre-acquired)), total amount of $408,240.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Program application for Kingwood Township, in the amount of $85,215.07, toward Block 14, Lots 31.01 and 28.02 (Horseshoe Bend LLC), consisting of 237.79 acres.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Program application for East Amwell Township, in the amount of $24,315.44, toward Block 21, Lots 16 and 16.01 (Hay Farm), consisting of 52.8330 acres.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Program application for Raritan Township, in the amount of $129,752.30, for Block 43, Lot 4, (Plum Brook), consisting of 29.755 acres and Block 81, Lot 2 and Block 82, Lot 4, (Hockenbury Farm), consisting of 17.265 acres.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Nonprofit Grant Program application for the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, in the amount of $168,000, for Block 21, Lots 2.02, 2.03, 2.04 and 2.05, in Delaware Township, (Fisher Farm), consisting of 26.057 acres.
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 19, 2011.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for February, 2011.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for March 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Christian DeLuzio appointed temporary, when and as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Scott Preston appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Brodhead appointed temporary, when and as needed Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Ramsey Hamed appointed temporary, when and as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - John Fay appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Henry Zecca appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Zofia Lemise appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Zac Pedinoff appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation
- RESOLUTION - Jonathan Webb appointed provisional, full time Mechanic’s Helper, Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity for unclassified employees for 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Michelle Nodes, Assistant County Counsel, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Warren County for the Restoration of Inter-County Bridge #16007/L-97-W, on Old Turnpike Road, in Lebanon Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications for the Painting of County Bridge N-1 on Main Street, Clinton Town; County Bridge E-228 on Rainbow Hill Road in East Amwell Township; County Bridge RT-16, on Route 523, in Readington and Tewksbury Townships and County Bridge W-86, on Lake View Road, in West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications for the Resurfacing and Surface Treatment for County Routes 579, 620, 627 and 629 in various municipalities in the County and at the County Parks Arboretum, Echo Hill, LaPort Reserve and Deer Path Park.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #1, for County Bid #2010-24, for addition and fuel island upgrades to the Everittstown Garage, Tekton Development Corp, in the amount of $11,250.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Freeholder Director execute a waiver for the Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds to be returned to the State of New Jersey.
- RESOLUTION - Accepting a gift from Johanna Farms of a small vehicle for the Sheriff’s Office.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jesse Matthew Smith for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Annie Kuster for organizing a solar project at the Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity project in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Operating Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit Corporation, for a FTA Section 5311/NJT Federal Grant, in the amount of $292,732 for operating services (NJ Transit-$146,366 and a County Match of $146,366).
- Cherryville Repeater Association II, requesting permission to an area next to the Route 12 County Complex, Building #1, to set up portable/ emergency radio station and operate for a 24 hour period, the weekend of June 24-26, 2011.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)