A complete copy of the May 03, 2011 Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
May 03, 2011
(Public Notice - Meeting Time Change )
1:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
I. 2:30 p.m.CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 21, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. Special Executive Session - Continuation of Budget Discussion
III. 4:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May 2011 as “Just Bike Month” in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing William Jacob Britt for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout, Troop 112.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing David Riche for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout, Troop 62.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Joseph Louis DiGuardia for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring third week of May as New Jersey Early Intervention Week.
VII. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Education Student presentation.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.792483, using County Quote #0026-2011, with Major Police Supply, for automatic license plate recognition system, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $18,800.00 (2008 Homeland Security Grant).
- RESOLUTION - Requisition #CountyClerk.1318, with Progress Printing Company, for School Election Ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $40,740.00.
- RESOLUTION - Requisition #25520, using County Quote #0031-2011, with BJL Audio Visual, for a projector, for Emergency Services, Division of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $11,073.00. (2009 Homeland Security Grant funds).
IX. 6:00 p.m.FINANCE
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Budget be read by title only.
- PUBLIC HEARING - For the adoption of the County Budget for 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for the County’s Open Space, Recreation, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for support of the Operating Budget for the County Library.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a bridge maintenance easement for structure E-152, from the Harrison Family Trust, on Block 31, Lots 4 and 10, in the amount of $322.00 and for E-213, in the amount of $154.00.
- RESOLUTION - Recommending the County’s Agriculture Development Board adopt a policy for all future applications in which a Township has pre-acquired the development easement to be accompanied by an executed Restrictive Covenant that meets County standards.
XI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 03, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of April 05, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Jillian Butler appointed temporary, as needed Recreation Leader, Parks Department.
- RESOLUTION - Deidre Cardenas appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Christine Castle appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jessica Chilmonik appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Kelly appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Justin Sisko appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division of Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jaclyn Griffiths appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division of Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Caitlyn Patullo appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Terence Carrol appointed temporary, as needed Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Margaret Pasqua appointed unclassified, full time County Treasurer, Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - James Oberst appointed unclassified, full time Special Deputy Surrogate in the Surrogate’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Justin Sisko appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker in the Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Walker appointed permanent, full time County Correction Sergeant, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Kimberly Niko appointed permanent, full time County Correction Sergeant, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Scott Elliott reappointed to the Human Services Advisory Council, Category B (Consumers).
- RESOLUTION - Sherol Lewis appointed to the Mental Health Advisory Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #3, for County Bid #2010-29, for the Addition and Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, with Belmont Construction Corporation, in the amount of $281,541.26.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the discharge of Mortgage for June Robinson.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing waiver agreements for the 37 th Annual Senior Art Show.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting repeal of the Global Warming Response Act (2007) and the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) cap-and-trade program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving grant agreement with NJ DEP, #EN11-019, for 2011 County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) in the amount of $268,400.00, (State - $134,200.00 and County Match of $134,200.00).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the NJ Division of Highway Traffic Safety, for the Kids Are Riding Safe program, in the amount of $27,575.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, for the Victim and Witness Advocacy Supplemental Grant, in the amount of $12,385.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the 2011 Special Projects grant awards to support/promote historic and cultural programs in Hunterdon County through the Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the amount of $52,000.00.
- Frenchtown Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, May 14, 2011 and Sunday, May 15, 2011, at the intersection of Kingwood Avenue and Race Street, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Somerset Wheelmen, requesting permission to conduct the annual Masters Road Race in East Amwell Township, on Saturday, June 14, 2011, between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Course to be the same as previous years: Dutch Lane to Old York Road to Manners Road to Wertsville Road and back to Dutch Lane.
- Flemington United Methodist Church , requesting permission to use the County’s parking areas on Main Street, from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., during the week of May 16, 2011 through May 20, 2011, during the second annual church revival meetings.
- American Diabetes Association, requesting permission to holding a fundraising cycle event, the annual Northern New Jersey Tour de Cure, on Sunday, June 05, 2011, using County Route 532 between New Bromley Road and Halls Mill Road and County Route 517 between Homestead Road and Church Street
- New Jersey Ride against Aids, requesting permission to use a portion of County roads, during their 10 th annual fundraising event, to be held the weekend of September 23, 2011 to September 25, 2011.
- Marcy Scalera, Fieldview Lane resident, in Tewksbury Township, requesting permission to place a plaque in front of a stone retaining wall in remembrance of Ron Heinkel.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)