A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JULY 19, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2 nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, July, 19, 2011
3:30pm Executive Session - 5:30 Open Session
3:00 P.M. – Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
I. 3:30 P.M. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before July 14, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 PM - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Presentation for on-line programs offered at Polytech.
- NJAC AWARDS: Investors Savings Bank Scholarship Program: Jessica Chernesky, Alyssa Young and PSE&G Foundation: Kevin Scheese
VI. 6:00 PM -PUBLIC HEARING
- Reconstruction of County Bridge F-45, (White Bridge Road), in Franklin Township.
VII. FINANCE DEPARTMENT, Kim Browne, Cynthia Yard
- Budget update – expenditure comparison for 2010/2011.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing award of Bid #2011-01, for Food and Commissary Services, to Aramark Correctional Services, for a three-year period, in an amount not to exceed $1,098, 821.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- RESOLUTION – Supporting NJDOT’s final design for the Flemington Circle at Routes 202, 31 and 12.
- Request to utilize Historical Trust funds, in the amount of $8,954.00, for repairing cap stones, Bridge DQ-320, Delaware Township.
- A request for road closure for a memorial walk on April 21, 2012.
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval on a Development Easement form Herbert and Audrey Rosenfield Fund, Inc., on Block 18, Lots 14 and 14.09, in Alexandria Township, consisting of approximately 25.1570 acres, (SADC - $141,885.48, County - $47,295.16, Township - $47,295.16), total amount of $236,475.80.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the proposed acquisition of Development Easement, known as Toll/Elbert Farm on Summer Road, Readington Township, Block 94, Lot 17, Twp. of Readington, (SADC - $252,300.00; County - $84,100.00; Township - $84,100.00) for a total amount of $420,500.00.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Renewal of International Electrical Inspector’s Membership, Buildings and Maintenance.
- Pension and Healthcare Reform Actions.
- Update on the disbandment of the Hunterdon County Utilities Authority.
XII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Use and Proposed Fee Schedule for County Command Bus.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 19, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Edward Davis appointed unclassified, full time Chief Warrant Officer, for a one year term, in Sheriff’s Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Salvatori appointed permanent, full time, Correction Officer, Div. of Corrections, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Anthony Talamini appointed temporary, when and as needed, Laborer, Roads and Bridges Department.
- RESOLUTION - Brenda Gerry, adjustment of hours, per Board approved reorganization plan, Library Assistant, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Tanvi Rastogi appointed provisional, full time, per Board approved reorganization plan, Librarian, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jean Raper, adjustment of hours, Librarian, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Michael Sweeney appointed unclassified, full-time Assistant Prosecutor, in the Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew LaFevre appointed temporary, when and as needed, Laborer, Roads and Bridges Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Cochran appointed temporary, when and as needed, Laborer, Roads and Bridges Department.
- RESOLUTION - Frank Ur, adjustment of salary, Instructor, Division of Emergency Management, Public Safety Department, for performing duties of the HCESTC Coordinator.
- RESOLUTION - Eric Fay appointed temporary, when and as needed, Laborer, Roads and Bridges Department.
- RESOLUTION - Crystal Barnes, Senior Planner, Planning Department, granted a medical leave of absence, without pay, from June 27 to December 26, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing David Mills, to the Open Space Advisory Committee, to fill an unexpired term, effective immediately through December 31, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving proposed changes to the 2011/2012 Deer Management-Controlled Hunting Program, for the Parks and Recreation Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Red Light Permit with the NJ Dept. of Motor Vehicles, for Gary Breuer, Hunterdon County Office of Emergency Management.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Red Light Permit with the NJ Dept. of Motor Vehicles, for Edward Pawlick, Hunterdon County Office of Emergency Management.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mutual Assistance Agreement, for the Fatal Accident Crash Team (FACT), for the Clinton Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Volunteer Agreement, for PTL. Jeffrey Glennon, as a member of FACT, for the Clinton Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mutual Assistance Agreement, for the Fatal Accident Crash Team (FACT), with Readington Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Volunteer Agreement, for Detective Patrick Gooley, as a member of FACT, for the Readington Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Mutual Assistance Agreement, for the Fatal Accident Crash Team (FACT), for the West Amwell Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Volunteer Agreement, for PTL. Todd Pantuso, as a member of FACT, for the West Amwell Township Police Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk, to attend the COANJ conference, using monies from the Clerk’s Trust Fund account.
- RESOLUTION - Flu shots to be provided in an organized and efficient manner.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Purchasing Dept. to solicit competitive bids for: precast concrete box culvert; IAS voting receiver; snow & ice control materials; maintenance & repair materials; inmate prescription services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Equipment Lease, with NJ Transit Corporation, for (4) minibus vehicles, with Section 5311 ARRA 2009 funds; and (1) minibus vehicle, using Section 5310 FTA funds.
- RESOLUTION- Authorizing the Planning Board to submit a grant proposal, for additional grant funds from NJ DEP, to continue preparation of the County’s Wastewater Management Plan, with a cap amount of $75,000.00.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. POST EXECUTIVE SESSION - Special budget discussion.