A COMPLETE COPY OF THE JULY 05, 2011 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2 nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 4:00 pm Executive Session - 5:30 Open Session
I. 4:00 p.m.CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before June 30, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH – Kim Metz
- Presentation for on-line programs offered at Polytech.
VI. HEALTH DEPARTMENT – Rose Puelle
- Flu Update
VII. PURCHASING - John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #25611, in the amount of $42,096.00, for base station, with Queues Enforth Development.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #3329, in the amount of $34,311.00, for network equipment, with Eplus Technology.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing award of Bid #2011-09, for the painting of various bridges, to Allied Painting Inc., in the amount of $192,000.00.
VIII. PLANNING/HISTORIC PRESERVATION, Kevin Richardson
- RESOLUTION - Approving an acquisition of a road right-of-way for a sight easement and maintenance easement, with Robert C. and Linda D. Runge and Charles F. and Rose I. Runge, for Block 19, Lot 13, Alexandria Township, County of Hunterdon, in the amount of $10,328.00.
- RESOLUTION - an application, for an allocation of Historic Preservation Grant funds, in the amount of $61,800.00, for reconstruction of the “Clawson House”, East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application, for an allocation of Historic Preservation Grant funds, in the amount of $105,375.00, for the reconstruction of the Readington Reformed Church Steeple, Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application, for an allocation of Historic Preservation Grant funds, in the amount of $52,500.00, for the rehabilitation/restoration of the Case-Dvoor Farmstead, Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application, for an allocation of Historic Preservation Grant funds, in the amount of $20,160.00, for barrier-free access to the Doric House-Museum, Flemington Borough.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Request to utilize Historical Trust funds, in the amount of $8,954.00, to repair cap stones on bridge DQ-320, in Delaware Township.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- Use and Proposed Fee Schedule for County Command Bus.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 05, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of June 7, 2011 and June 21, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Susan Ehlert, appointed temporary, when and as needed, Librarian, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Fischer, appointed temporary, when and as needed, Rec. Leader, Parks & Recreation Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Grace Montemurro, appointed, when and as needed, Rec. Leader, Parks and Recreation Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Zachary Rozano, appointed temporary, when and as needed, Laborer, Parks and Recreation Department.
- RESOLUTION - Donna Snyder, appointed unclassified, full-time Investigator, Prosecutor’s Department.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments, for Sheriff’s Department employees, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement with FOP #29.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments, for Sheriff’s Officers, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement with FOP #29.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments, for those employees covered under, and in accordance with, the CWA non-supervisory contract.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Mark Titus to the Greater Raritan Workforce Investment Board, fulfilling an unexpired term, effective immediately thru December 31, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Georjean Trinkle to the Human Services Advisory Council, (public member), effective immediately through May 31, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Petty Cash Fund for the County Road Department be increased to an amount of $100.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing speed limit amendments, as recommended by the Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department, for various sections/zones of County Route 518, West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a Blanket Road Opening Bond, posted in January 1977, in the amount of $1,000.00, to NJ American Water Company.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Administrator to execute WHIP grant applications/awards and all WHIP NRCS documents for the Conservation Program Grants.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a joint funding agreement, in connection with the annual water allocation permit for the Heron Glen golf course, w/ the U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, in the amount of $1,350.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Red Light Permit with the NJ Dept. of Motor Vehicles, for Brayden Fahey, Hunterdon County Office of Emergency Management.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting support for legislation to amend the current OPRA to preserve original intent but to reduce public expenses in situations where requested documents/information are already freely available via internet websites.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subordination Agreement, for Lois and Charles Anderson, for Block 40, Lot 11, in the Borough of High Bridge, through Allied Capital Corp, with a not-to-exceed amount of $159,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an indemnification agreement, for First Legacy Group Title & Abstract, LLC and Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., for the sale of property (Fleck), located at 27 Oldwick Road, Whitehouse Station, NJ, as it may relate to the judgment filed, April 12, 2011, against the County by James Gensch.
- RESOLUTION - Approving change order #1, for Bid 2010-29, to reimburse payment of fees, for relocation of a gas line, in connection with the Records Retention Center Addition, with Belmont Construction Corp., in the amount of $5,536.95.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #5, for Bid 2010-29, for the Records Retention Center, to Belmont Construction Corp., in the amount of $255,213.56.
- Authorizing the Purchasing Department to solicit competitive bids for the following items: Bucyrus moldboard snow plow shoes; furnish and deliver audio/visual control components for EOC; furnish and deliver gasoline; Hoffman Park Hunting agreement.
- RESOLUTION -Authorizing the re-allocation of the Special Projects grant awarded to Bethlehem Township Performing Arts Association, (Hunterdon Musical Arts, Inc - $386.66; In-Zane Productions, Inc. - $386.67; Readington Community Theater - $386.67) in the total amount of $1,160.00.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a supplemental grant award for Victim and Witness Advocacy, through the NJ Department of Law and Public Safety, in the amount of $12,385.00.
- PROCLAMATION - recognizing Michael Kollet achieving the rank of Eagle Scout
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. POST-EXECUTIVE SESSION – Special budget discussion