A complete copy of the April 19, 2011 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street , Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2 nd Floor
Flemington , New Jersey 08822
April, 19, 2011
2:30pm Executive Session for Budget Discussions
3:30pm Regular Executive Session
5:30pm Open Session
(public notice - change in meeting time)
I. 2:30 p.m. CONVENE:
" This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before April 14, 2011, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 2:30 p.m. Budget discussion continued
III. 3: 30 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3303, using State contract #A-77560, with Software House International, for security appliance applications, for Information Technology, in the amount of $15,598.39.
VIII. COUNTY PROJECT UPDATE
- Update of the tower project at the Emergency Services Building
IX. CENTRAL PRINTING, MAIL AND INFORMATION SERVICES
- Cost review for municipal web design and email – shared services.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval on a development easement form Theodore and Grace Peters, on Block 39, Lots 49 and 49.12 and Block 40, Lot 2, in Readington Township, consisting of approximately 61 acres, (SADC - $695.400, County - $231,800, Township - $231,800), total amount of $1,159,000 .
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement for the acquisition of a development easement from Louis Zuegner, III and Jeanne K. Zuegner, Block 17, Lot 34, in East Amwell Township, consisting of 78.832 acres, (SADC - $614,889.60, County - $204,963.20, Township - $204,963.20), total amount of $1,024,816.00 .
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application to erect a residential structure for Agricultural Labor Housing, on Block 12.01, Lot 15, in Readington Township, by Christopher Emmet, at the recommendation of the County’s Agriculture Development Board.
XI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Readington Township requesting to prohibit truck traffic along County Route 523 south of Route 22 and north of Route 31.
- Kingwood Township Volunteer Fire Company, No. 1, requesting permission to enter into an agreement with the County for the purchase of diesel fuel and gasoline for five vehicles
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Discussion on the expansion of auctioneer duties.
- Hunterdon County Monday Morning Project requesting a waiver for insurance to meet at the Route 12 County Library Headquarters
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 19, 2011.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of March 15, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Frances Duggan, John Langley, Gene Robbins, Dave Clapp and Geoffrey Underhill appointed temporary, when and as needed Recreation Leaders, Parks and Recreation Department.
- RESOLUTION - Amanda Whitehead appointed temporary, when and as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Jim Martin reappointed unclassified, full time County Engineer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Maria Duncan and Karen Widico appointed to the Human Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Somerset County for InterCounty Bridge T-36-S, on Black River Road over the Lamington River, in Tewksbury and Bedminster Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Federal Aid Change Order #2, for County Bid #2009-29, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge RQ-164, on Rockafellow’s Mill Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Raritan and Readington Townships, with Ritacco Construction, Inc., for the decreased amount of $30,918.55.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2009-29, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge RQ-164, on Rockafellow’s Mill Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Raritan and Readington Townships, to Ritacco Construction, Inc., in the amount of $33,686.11.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by Christopher Foley.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by Serena Dean.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by Douglas King.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by John Falat.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by Michael Russo.
- RESOLUTION - Approving indemnification to elected officials and employees concerning a Notice of Tort Claim filed by Deborah Trout.
PROCLAMATION - Recognizing April 29, 2011 as Arbor Day.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey Historical Commission for General Operating Support, for the Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the amount of $58,017 for fiscal year 2012-2013.
- Approving a renewal application with the New Jersey Council on the Arts for the Cultural and Heritage Commission, for grant administration, professional development and re-granting to local arts organizations.
- New Jersey Mosquito Control Association, Inc., requesting the County Printing Department print their proceedings book.
- Franklin Township, requesting permission to close Quakertown Road and Locust Grove Road to the intersection of Quakertown Road and Pittstown Road from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., on Saturday, June 04, 2011 for their first annual Community Day.
- Readington Township Memorial Day Parade Committee, requesting permission to use a portion of County Route 523 during their annual Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 30, 2011.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)