A complete copy of the January 19, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available online for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Historic Court House
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
JANUARY 19, 2010 - 3:00 pm
l. 3:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m.FLEMINGTON BOROUGH
- Presentation on Park Avenue realignment and improvements.
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the establishment of various petty cash funds.
- RESOLUTION - Adoption of a resolution to exceed the County Budget Appropriations Limits and to establish a CAP Bank.
- RESOLUTION - Adoption of General Improvement Refunding Bonds.
VI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #40023375, with Storr Tractor Company, for a flail mower cutter head, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $12,180.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #40023263, using County Quote #0085-2009, with Cherry Valley Tractor Sales, for flair mower cutter heads, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $14,590.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #IT.3146, using State Contract #A-72727, with Dell, for software licenses, for Information Technology, in the amount of $110,286.98.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #24795, with Queues Enforth Development, for software maintenance, for the Communications Division of Public Safety, in the amount of $32,613.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of the bid received for County Bid #2009-23, from Modern Handling Equipment of New Jersey, for failure to submit required documentation and requesting permission to rebid.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional auditing services agreement for Fiscal Year ending December 31, 2009, for the Housing Agency, to Suplee, Clooney & Company, in an amount not to exceed $7,200.
VII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Setting a public hearing date for the replacement of County Bridge E-174, on County Route 602 ( Wertsville Road), over a tributary of the Back Brook, in East Amwell Township, for Tuesday, February 02, 2010, at 5:00 p.m., in the Freeholders’ Meeting Room.
VIII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- Continuation of the discussion regarding the interpretation of language on the Open Space 2010 Ballot Question.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, UPDATE, Cynthia J. Yard
- To discuss a policy for Leave Time for Volunteer Firefighters, First Aid and Rescue Squad members.
- To discuss a policy for Standards of Conduct for Adults Working with Children.
- To discuss County Policy #2005-03, for Fringe Benefits for Constitutional Officers, Department Heads, Unclassified Employees and Non-Contractual Employees.
- 2010 Department of Community Affairs, Small Cities Grant.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- Request of Union Township to issue a RFP (Request for Proposals) to select a nonprofit agency to utilize the Hoffman Farm house.
- To discuss Freeholder Meeting times.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated January 19, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 15, 2009, the special session minutes of December 29, 2009 and the reorganizational minutes of January 05, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Patricia Davino appointed permanent, full time Principal Clerk Typist, Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension. (Passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Laura Kroon appointed permanent, full time Park Naturalist, Parks and Recreation. (Passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Guadalupe Fowler appointed permanent, full time Program Coordinator Senior Citizens Transportation, Human Services Department. (Passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Keith Monahan appointed permanent, full time Park Maintenance Worker, Parks and Recreation. (Passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Judith Richterman appointed temporary, as needed Instructor, Senior Services Division of Human Services. (Salary paid by fees obtained for classes).
- RESOLUTION - Brayden Fahey appointed temporary, as needed Instructor, Emergency Management Division of Public Safety.
- RESOLUTION - Setting longevity payments for employees under the CWA Supervisory Contract.
- RESOLUTION - Setting longevity payments for employees under the CWA Non-Supervisory Contract.
- RESOLUTION - Setting longevity payments for unclassified employees in accordance with the Fringe Benefit Policy.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing various individuals (employees) to serve temporary, as needed, hourly, to provide support to the Health Department and the H1N1 Vaccination Clinics.
- RESOLUTION - Approving State Change Order #1, for County Bid #2009-05, for the Reconstruction of Bridge M-110, on Water Street (County Route 519), over the Quequacommisacong Creek, in Milford Borough, with Kalogridis Contracting, increase of $64,582.92.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the final payment for County Bid #2009-05, for the Reconstruction of Bridge M-110, on Water Street (County Route 519), over the Quequacommisacong Creek, in Milford Borough, to Kalogridis Contracting, in the amount of $158,009.40.
- RESOLUTON - Approving plans and specifications for the Replacement of Hunterdon County Bridge E-166, on County Route 602 ( Wertsville Road), over the Back Brook, in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Change Order #1, Final, for County Bid #2009-10, for the 2009 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County Roads, with Mannon Excavating and Paving Co., Inc., in the decreased amount of $8,719.18.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for medical examiner services, to Steven M. Diamond, D.O., in an amount not to exceed $250,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the “Federal Fiscal Year 2010 Certifications and Assurances” for the Federal Transit Administration Assistance Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Elizabeth Rice to the Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reappointment of Cynthia J. Yard to the Hunterdon County Utilities Authority.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Rosa Yoo to the Shade Tree Commission.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring February 1 through 28, 2010 as Career and Technical Education Month.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant, as a result of an antitrust class action lawsuit against recording companies, to receive $575, from the New Jersey State Library and approving a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Library, to receive these funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Aid grant with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for the Reformatory Road Bridge C-88 project, in Clinton Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Aid grant with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for the Wertsville Road Bridge E-166 project, in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Aid grant with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for the Wertsville Road Bridge E-174 right of way project, in East Amwell Township.
- Somerset Wheelman requesting permission to conduct the Readington Time Trial, on County Route 629 (Pleasant Run Road), on Sunday, April 17, 2010, from 8:00 a.m. until 9:45 p.m.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)