A complete copy of the September 21, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
September 21, 2010 - 5:00 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
To discuss legal matters.
To discuss land issues.
To discuss personnel issues.
III. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person, (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- High School Summer Certified Nursing Aide certificates.
VI. PRESENTATION - HISTORIC BRIDGES, DELAWARE TOWNSHIP
VII. FINANCE – Kim Browne, Finance Director and Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2009 SSH Homeless Grant, in the amount of $11,355.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2010 Budget for the Buffer Zone Protection Program, in the amount of $103,150.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2010 Budget for the Multi-Jurisdictional Narcotics Task Force, in the amount of $51,734.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2010 Budget for the NJ Historical Commission, in the amount of $13,161.00.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport, Purchasing Agent
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #40025047, using State Contract No. A-75722, with Modern Equipment Sales & Rental Company, for snowplow parts, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $21,912.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #40025112, using Quote #0050-2010, with Modern Equipment Sales & Rental Company, for salt spreader parts, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $13,054.19.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #40025114, using Quote #0055-2010, with Modern Equipment Sales & Rental Company, for snowplow shoes, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $23,952.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #40025116, using Quote #0056-2010, with Storr Tractor Company, for flail mower parts, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $12,288.44.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #Parks.05238, with New Jersey Parks and Recreation Association, for theme park tickets, for the Parks and Recreation Department, in the amount of $23,579.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Req. #40025142, using State Contract No. A:51144 , with Cannon USA, for a high production copier, for Central Printing and Mail, in the amount of $101,313.00
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
X. PLANNING - Farmland/Open Space, Sue Dziamara, Kevin Richardson
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Flemington Borough Municipal Grant application for a portion of County Open Space Trust Funds, for the historic preservation of the Case/Dvoor Farm, Block 49, Lot 2, Raritan Township, in an amount not-to-exceed $25,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Readington Township Municipal Grant application for a portion of County Open Space Trust Funds, for a supplemental increase for the historic preservation of the Block 93, Lot 1, Readington Township, approved on June 1, 2010 for an allocation of $164,747.19; the new total amount is $211,073.49.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval, for an acquisition of development easement, for Block 14, Lot 15, Township of Alexandria, (F. Nemeth Farm), SADC - $530,400.00; County - $173,400.00, for approximately 102 acres for a total of $703,800.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval, for an acquisition of development easement, from owners, Louis l. III & Jeanne K. Zuegner, for Block 17, Lot 34, (Zuegner Farm) Township of East Amwell, (SADC - $639,600.00; County - $213,200.00; East Amwell, $213,200.00), for approximately 82 acres, for a total amount of $1,066,000.00.
- STATUS REPORT – Herr closing; and, Smith-Gogal closing
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- OPRA Update.
- NJ Smart Start Program – Frank Bell
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- MOTION to approve Claims Register dated September 21, 2010.
- MOTION to approve Open Session minutes from August 17, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - John Hrebella, appointed temporary Student assistant, when and as needed, in the Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointment of Toni Hansen to the Professional Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointment of Maria Duncan to the Workforce Investment Board.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Freeholder Director to sign the CWA Local #1036 Supervisors contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Interlocal Health Services Agreement with the Borough of Califon for certain public health activities and services.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a contract modification #2, to change ownership from ResCare HomeCare, Inc., to new ownership by All Quality Care, Inc.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Health Department - Vaccine Payment Waiver Policy.
- Health Department – membership request to NACCHO.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Title IV-D Reimbursement agreement for Title IV-D, pertaining to child support and/or paternity matters, with NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development, in the amount of $275,520.05.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award for Victim Witness Advocacy, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, (matching funds - $20,422.00; federal funds- $81,688.00), for a total amount of $102,110.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant plan/application for the Comprehensive County Youth Services Grant, with the NJ Juvenile Justice Commission funding in the amount of $191,117.00 – “State/Community Partnership”; $97,157.00 – “Family Court”; $8,961.00 – “Juvenile Accountability Block Grant”.
- Joining Round Valley Youth Center to honor and recognize Jay Langley for is service to Hunterdon County and its citizens.
- Recognizing the Center for Educational Advancement celebrating its 40 th Anniversary in October 2010.
- High Bridge Emergency Squad request permission to hold a coin toss fund drive on Route 513 on October 2, 2010.
- The Search and Rescue Council of New Jersey’s proposal on the state-wide dispatch of volunteer SAR team system in connection with the Hunterdon County Dispatch and Communications system.
- Fairmount Fire Company No. 1 request permission to hold a coin toss fund drive on Routes 517 and 512 on September 25, 2010.
- Union Fire Company request permission to hold a coin toss at intersection of Route 12 and Race Street, Frenchtown on October 10 and October 11, 2010.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)