A complete copy of the October 19, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
October 19, 2010 - 2:30 pm
Public Notice - Change in Meeting Time
2:00 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 2:30 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before Wednesday, October 13, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. DISCUSSION – PREVIEW 2011 BUDGET, continued.
III. 3:30 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. HUNTERDON COUNTY POLYTECH
- Presentation on the Adult Education Esthetics Program - Kim Metz, Superintendent and Student Nanda Stephan.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #31591, using Quote #0066-2010, with Strober Roofing and Metal Works, for roof replacement, for Buildings and Maintenance in the amount of $19,600.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.792226, using State Contract #A-53804, with Motorola, for radios, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $16,853.55.
VIII. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval for the acquisition of a development easement from Irvin Hockenbury, on Block 81, Lots 2 and 2.01 and Block 82, Lot 4, in Raritan Township, (SADC-$196,308, County-$65,436, Township-$65,436), total amount of $327,180.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of County road and bridge projects.
X. COUNTY SHERIFF, Deborah Trout
- Discuss the COPS Grant.
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- Choir School.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 19, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right of way of the fee simple title from Mark Gogal, on Block 19, Lot 27 and Block 23, Lot 5, in Clinton Township, in connection with Bridge C-32, on County Route 629, in the amount of $11,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #33, for Bid #2005-47, for the Addition and Alteration to the Communications/Emergency Services Building, with DeSapio Construction, Inc., in the amount of $23,757.69.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Somerset County for Juvenile Home Detection, in the amount of $88 per diem, effective through December 31, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the submission of the “Hunterdon County 2011 Request for Application Update and County Alliance Plan, upon the recommendation of the Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, to the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the submission of an electronic grant application for Hunterdon County Bridge F-45 on White Bridge Road, in Franklin Township, to the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the submission of an electronic grant application for Hunterdon County Bridge RQ-179, on Stanton Station Road, in Raritan and Readington Townships, to the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant award for the Multi-Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force grant, through June 30, 2011, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $51,734.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal application for a General Operating Assistance grant, with the New Jersey Historical Commission, for Cultural and Heritage Commission, through June 30, 2011, in the amount of $13,162 and with County funds of $42,609, for the purpose of preserving and promoting Hunterdon’s historical significance throughout support of County history-related projects, programs and attendant admission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP), for the Musconetcong Watershed (Point Mountain South), to control invasive species and remediate failing water structures.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-061, for Caregivers Support Group, increase in federal funds of $3,378 and state funds of $1,922.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Evan Xavier Kaplan for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- Michael Helbing, expressing interest in taking residence in the stone cottage at the Mountain Farm section of the Teetertown Preserve, in Lebanon Township.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)