A complete copy of the October 05, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
October 05, 2010 - 2:30 pm
Public Notice - Change in Meeting Time
2:00 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 2:30 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 30, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. DISCUSSION – PREVIEW 2011 BUDGET
III. 3:30 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Finance Director and Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an increase in Petty Cash for the Health Department from $50 to $100.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Parks Maintenance Trust, for maintaining rental properties.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Recreational Memorial Gift Fund, for maintaining the County Arboretum gardens and trails.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Special Recreation Trust, for offering leisure and interpretive programs.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Refundable Bids Trust, for maintaining bid security of the three (3) lowest bidders.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Link Advertising Trust, for transportation related expenses.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Cultural & Heritage Commission Trust, for cultural projects and art/history programs.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Driveway Performance Bonds Trust, to guarantee that driveways are constructed to County standards.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Road Department Performance Bond, for repairs to County Roads or Rights of Way not completed by contractor.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Motor Vehicle Fines Trust, for repair of County roads and bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Dedication by Rider to establish a Road Opening Deposits Trust, for repairs of County roads and to insure driveways are constructed per County Standards.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Fire Prevention Week, as October 03 to 09, 2010, in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing October 02, 2010 as Firefighters Recognition Day, in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring October 2010 as Pedestrian Safety Awareness Month, in Hunterdon.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the volunteers at the Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services.
VIII. HUNTERDON COUNTY POLYTECH
- Presentation by Health Sciences program.
IX. HUNTERDON COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Chamber of Commerce’s Final Report on Shared Services.
X. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with East Amwell Township for the Rynearson South Farm (Furrows End Farm South), Block 3, Lot 3.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with East Amwell Township for the Rynearson North Farm (Furrows End Farm North), Block 3, Lot 3.04.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for the Sale of Development Easement, from Herbert Rosenfield (The Herbert and Audrey Rosenfield Fund, Inc.), on Block 18, Lots 14 and 14.09, in Alexandria Township, consisting of 30 acres, (SADC-$169,200; County-$56,400; Township-$56,400), total amount of $282,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right of way form Irvin and Vilma Hockenbury, in connection with the right of way easement for County Route 514, in the amount of $9,196; Bridge Easements for County Structures: EQ-218, in the amount of $665; Q-64 in the amount of $722 and EQ-220 in the amount of $874; totaling $11,457.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revisions to the Open Space, Farmland Preservation and Historic Preservation Policy.
XI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #25197, using State Contract #A-74027, with Fire Fighters Equipment Company, for air packs for Division of Emergency Management of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $35,891.10.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the award of County Quote #0041-2005, to provide final engineering design services, for the Historic Preservation and Rehabilitation of County Bridge RQ-179, on Stanton Station Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Raritan and Readington Townships, to French & Parrello Associates, PA, in an amount not to exceed $268,637.57.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 05, 2010.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds report for August 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 07, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Olivia Murphy appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Rose Marie Geisenhoner appointed provisional, full time Senior Housing Assistance Technician, Division of Housing, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Eric Faulstich, Senior Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Health Department, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Gonzalez, Road Repairer, Roads and Bridges Department, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Discharge of Mortgage for Charles Van Eiken, Block 33, Lot 8, in Bethlehem Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Change Order for Warren County Contract #WZC0955, for the Replacement of County Bridge #05039/B-26-W, on Valley Road, in Bethlehem and Franklin Townships, with Furino & Sons, Inc., decrease of $23,140.68.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, Final, for County Bid #2009-15, for Resurfacing and Storm Water Improvements to County Route 523, in Raritan and Readington Townships, with Top Line Construction Corp., decrease of $309,860.65.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Final Payment on County Bid #2009-15, for Resurfacing and Storm Water Improvements on Route 523, in Raritan and Readington Twps., to Top Line Construction Corp., amount of $63,533.97.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2010-25, Copier Maintenance; Bid #2010-26, Home Health Services, Certified and Non-Certified; Bid #2010-27, Furnish and Deliver Snow and Ice Control Materials; Bid #2010-28, Furnish and Deliver Maintenance and Repair Materials.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revisions to the Use of County Facilities and Meeting Rooms Policy.
- County Clerk , Request to continue membership in the International Association of Clerks, Recorders, Election Officials and Treasurers, (IACREOT), in the amount of $185.00 in accordance with established County policy for Trips, Memberships and Conferences not eligible for County funding.
- Clinton Township Board of Education, Request to utilize the gasoline source at the Lebanon Garage for three to four vehicles.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)