A complete copy of the November 03, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 4:30 pm
Change in Regular Meeting Date - Public Notice
Change in Regular Meeting Time - Public Notice
4:00 p.m. Hunerdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person, (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. HUNTERDON COUNTY POLYTECH
- Presentation from the Teacher Academy students.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of Capital Ordinance No. 08-10, for Cooperative Acquisition of Real Property for Open Space, Parks and Recreation purposes, in the amount of $250,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2010 budget for the Section 5311 Grant, in the amount of $407,310.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2010 budget for the Matching Funds for the Section 5311 Grant, in the amount of $135,770.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2010 budget for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, in the amount of $67,655.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2010 budget for the Kids are Riding Safe program, in the amount of $18,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2010 budget for the 2010 Body Armor Replacement Funds, in the amount of $8,517.
VII. HEALTH DEPARTMENT, Rose Puelle
- Update of the October 09, 2010 Seasonal Influenza Clinics.
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40025471, with Chemung Supply Corporation, for corrugated steel decking, for the Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department, in the amount of $11,148.13.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #CountyClerk.1267, using NJSA 40A:11-5(1)L, with Progress Printing Company, for general election ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $57,430.
IX. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the acquisition of a Development Easement from Alice Emmons, Gregory Keefer, Trustee for the Trust of Brian Emmons and Gregory Keefer, Trustee for the Trust of Katie Emmons, on Block 38, Lot 8, in Delaware Township, estimated 42 acres, (SADC - $302,400; County - $100,800; Township - $100,800), total amount of $504,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement from Robert and Linda Runge, husband and wife and Charles and Rose Runge, husband and wife, on Block 23, Lot 1, in Alexandria Township, consisting of 32 acres, (SADC-$188,160; County-$62,720; Township-$62,720), total amount of $313,600.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- Verizon Wireless proposal from Fastcom Consulting Services, LLC.
- Update on Sustainable Energy.
- Hunterdon County Drug and Alcohol Policy for Safety Sensitive Employees in Transit.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 03, 2010.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for October, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of October 05, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the contract for Home Delivered Meals program, to reduce the total program Level of Service.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Dentrust, PA, for professional dental services for inmates at the Hunterdon County Correctional Facility, in an amount not to exceed $31,200 per year, for a three year contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the professional services agreement with Hatch Mott MacDonald, LLC, for engineering services with regard to the Scoping of the Replacement of Bridge 1050-161, on County Route 579, over the Norfolk Southern Corporation-Lehigh Valley Main Line, in Bethlehem Township and Bloomsbury Borough, increase of $102,438.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an Opt/In program.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Judith Formalarie for having served on the Polytech Board.
- RESOLUTION - Declaring November, 2010 as Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, in the County.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing the volunteers of Hunterdon Hospice.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Operating Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit, for FTA Section 5311/NJT Federal Grant funding, in the amount of $271,540, for operating with NJ Transit. (grant funds: $135,770 and a County Match of $135,770.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Comprehensive Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services Plan update for 2011 and recommending its transmittal to the New Jersey Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, for County Route 579, ( Church Street over the Norfolk Southern Railroad-Lehigh Valley Mainline, in Bethlehem Township and Bloomsbury Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Housing Preservation Grant agreement with Rural Development of the United States, in the amount of $55,000, for housing rehabilitation.
- RESOLUITON - Approving a modification to the FY2010 Unified Planning Work Program subcontract for the project entitled: 2010 Supplemental Subregional Staff Support for ARRA project for the County of Hunterdon, with the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., (NJTPA) and the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), extending the project through June 30, 2011.
- Lebanon Township Volunteer Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on November 26, 2010, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., at the intersection of County Route 513 and Route 628.
- Califon Borough, requesting in-kind printing services for their newsletter.
- Flemington Borough, requesting in-kind printing services. No product information provided at this time.
- Tewksbury Township , requesting in-kind printing services, for their Equestrian Committee brochure.
- Roger Gregor regarding a 30” pipe on County Route 650 being used for drainage.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)