A complete copy of the May 4, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
May 4, 2010 - 4:00 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. 6:00 p.m. PUBLIC COMMENT – Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing May as Bike to Work Month.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Phillip Barry for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Kyle McNally for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
VI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING , John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
VII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Share Agreement with Tewksbury Township, for the acquisition of a development easement on the Koebel/Simmons Farm, Block 38, Lot 4.01.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right-of-way and/or easement, from Robert A. LeCompte, on Block 29, Lot 4.01, for a bridge easement for Bridge C-24, in the amount of $570 and Bridge C-23, in the amount of $600.
VIII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Trust Fund Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant Program Application with High Bridge Borough, for the acquisition of “Lake Solitude”, Block 4.07, Lot 1; Block 40, Lot 2; Block 40, Lot 11.01 and Block 37, Lot 1, (128 +/- acres), in the amount of $19,367.08.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Discuss position vacancy.
X. 7:00 p.m. Recess-Historic Court House-Unveiling of the Bar Association Law Office
XI. 7:20 p.m. Reconvene Open
XII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status – “Friends of” project.
- First June meeting date.
- County Counsel - Status of pre-closing conditions, Horseshoe Bend Partnership, LLC, Kingwood Township.
- Policy for the Use of County Facilities and Meeting Room.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 04, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular minutes of March 16, 2010, April 20, 2010 and the special minutes of April 13, 2010.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for March 2010.
- RESOLUTION - William Powell appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services in the Public Safety Department. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Waisempacher appointed permanent, full time Mechanic, Roads, Bridges and Engineering. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Tamburro, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department, adjusted from part time to full time.
- RESOLUTION - Jonathon Webb appointed temporary, when and as needed seasonal Laborer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Christopher Bush appointed temporary, when and as needed seasonal Laborer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Melissa Troutman appointed temporary, when and as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kristin Cupido and David Clapp appointed temporary, when and as needed seasonal Recreation Leaders, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Erik Apffel appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Patricia Benedetto appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of County Routes 523, 579, 601, 602A, 602B, 607, 620 and 639, in various municipalities in the County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Art Show Waiver Agreements for the 36 th Annual Hunterdon County Art Show with various senior artists.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center to administer the County’s Dental Health Program, in the amount of $10,158.
- RESOLUTION - Ratifying an agreement with the Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO, covering the period of January 01, 2009 through December 31, 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of an easement over a portion of Block 21, Lot 23, in Tewksbury Township, from Elizabeth Wattles Wilkes, in connection with the reconstruction of County Bridge E-2, on Black River Road, in the amount of $1,625.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs for $1,100 to support the County Welfare Agency’s administration of the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant, #10-016, for telephone reassurance for homebound seniors, in the amount of $5,890 in federal funds and $5,330 in local funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant, $10-052, for friendly visiting services to homebound seniors, in the amount of $9,295 in federal funds and $8,640 in local funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for the Multi-Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Forces Grant, in the amount of $40,272.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a 2009 Business Stimulus Fund Grant, in the amount of $7,000, as a pass through for the Shade Tree Commission.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)