A complete copy of the May 18, 2010 Meeting Minutes are available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
May 18, 2010 - 2:00 pm
1:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
2:00 p.m. Tour of the Emergency Services Center/Renovations (public welcome)
II. 3:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before May 10, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
III. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
5:00 P.M. RECONVENE OPEN – HISTORIC COURT HOUSE
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. CULTURAL & HERITAGE COMMISSION, Stephanie Stevens, Chairperson
- Presentation of Essay Awards for “Most Historic Place in my Town”.
6:00 P.M. RECONVENE OPEN – MAIN STREET COUNTY COMPLEX, SECOND FLOOR, FREEHOLDERS’ MEETING ROOM
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT – Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VII. UPDATE – LEGAL SERVICES EFFICIENCY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with Clinton Township, for the purchase of a development easement from Robert A. LeCompte, Block 29, Lot 4.01, consisting of 38.929 acres, (SADC-$350,361; County-$93,429.60; Township-$140,144.40), total amount of $583,935.
X. PURCHASING, John Davenport, Purchasing Agent
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition No. 24996, using New Jersey State Contract No. A-76362, with Firefighter One, for urban search and rescue gear, for the Division of Emergency Management, of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $35,891.25. (grant funded 100%).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2010-05, for the replacement of Bridge C-88, over the Beaver Brook, in Clinton Township, to Underground Utilities Corp., in an amount not to exceed $398,073.67.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2010-10, for the resurfacing of County Routes 623 and 625, in Clinton Township, to Della Pello Paving Company, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $1,260,046.32.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2010-11, for the resurfacing of County Routes 512 and 517, in Tewksbury Township, to Schifano Construction Corp., in an amount not to exceed $1,189,958.43.
XI. HEALTH DEPARTMENT, John Beckley, Director
- Close out review of the HINI activities.
- To discuss a part time Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS).
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- ATM request in the Justice Center.
- Results of Federal Look Behind for the County Housing Rehabilitation Program.
- Discuss a request from Lambertville City for in-kind printing services.
- Youth Facility status.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status – “Friends of” project.
- S-1248, reporting to Local Government Services of lawsuits to which it is a party before budget approval.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 18, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular minutes of May 04, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Bryan Williamson appointed temporary, as needed Laborer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Zofia Lemise, Stephanie Foster and Michael Fahy appointed temporary, when and as needed seasonal, Recreation Leaders, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving specifications for the reconstruction of County Bridge R-123, in Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for curb, sidewalk replacement and drainage improvements, for the Hunterdon County Community Services Annex (Route 31 County Complex), in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications for the painting of County Bridges D-402, K-87, K-47, FC-72, FC-80, and L-90-W, in the Townships of Delaware, Franklin and Clinton.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Morris County for the sheltering of Hunterdon County youth.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with a group of unclassified employees.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Harmonizers, to provide a “Music Under the Stars” concert on June 24, 2010, at Deer Path Park, amount not to exceed $3,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with David J. Errickson, to provide Chaplain Services at the Hunterdon County Jail, in the amount of $15,600.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2009-06, for roadway improvements to County Route 579, in Pittstown, in Franklin Township, with Z Brothers Concrete Contractors, Inc., decrease of $15,951.12.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2009-06, for roadway improvements to County Route 579, in Pittstown, in Franklin Township, to Z Brothers Concrete Contractors, Inc., in the amount of $53,355.30.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an InterLocal agreement with Middlesex County to cooperatively work together as part of the Ryan White grant, to provide prompt and appropriate HIV related health and support services, through September 30, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving designated Routes for Vehicles over 10 tons.
- PROCLAMATON - Recognizing Michael Robert Perrone for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Tymon Conroy for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing David Kubik for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing John Leddie for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jeffrey Vaccarella for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey who have attained their Gold Awards.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Flemington Borough on its 100th Anniversary, to be celebrated June 05, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Area Plan Grant #10-027/038, for hot noon time meals and adult day care services, with “Briteside” Adult Day Care Centers, Inc., in the amounts of $36,742-federal funds; $8,814-state funds and $488,355-local funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Area Plan Grant #10-055/056, for information and assistance, physical fitness activities and education services for seniors, to the Hunterdon County YMCA, in the amount of $6,123-federal funds; $41,331-state funds and $21,114-local funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant renewal application with NJ Highway Safety for the “Kids are Riding Safe” grant, in the amount of $27,575 in federal funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant for 2010, in the amount of $200,000.
XVII. 7:00 p.m. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Finance Director andMargaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Approving the County Budget be read by title only.
- PUBLIC HEARING - Authorizing the adoption of the 2010 County Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for Open Space.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for the Library.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable and reserve for the 2008-2009 FTA Section 5311 grant in the amount of $975.69 (Receivable) and $1,301.25 (Reserve).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2008-2009 Kids are Riding Safe grant, in the amount of $7,068.83.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2009 Recreation Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities, in the amount of $65.61.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 1-10, authorizing the acquisition of office furniture, fixtures and business equipment, in the amount of $110,000.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 2-10, authorizing the acquisition of heavy public works machinery, equipment and trucks for Roads and Bridges and vehicle services departments, in the amount of $465,000.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 3-10, authorizing the acquisition of computer equipment, in the amount of $75,000.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 4-10, authorizing the acquisition of vehicles, in the amount of $50,000.
XVIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Review of the Phone Committee Report.
XIX. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)