A complete copy of the March 02, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
MARCH 02, 2010 - 4:00 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. 6:00 p.m. PUBLIC COMMENT – Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring March 14-20, 2010, as “Family and Community Health Sciences – Living Well Week”.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Trevor Hoffman for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Matthew Bitters for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Douglas Farrell for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing George F. Hartmann for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing James Saulsky for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Nathan Turovlin for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Joseph Eugene Agabiti for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with Kingwood Township, for the acquisition of a development easement (Felix Farm), Block 14, Lot 23, consisting of approximately 169.97 acres, (Federal-$645,886; SADC-$530,306.40; County-$176,768.80; Township -$176,768.80), total amount of $1,529,730.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing preliminary and final approval to provide a cost share of a development easement on the Hunterdon Land Trust Alliance/Stamets Farm, known as Block 25, Lot 60, in Holland Township, consisting of approximately 183 acres, (Township- $334,600, County - $283,650; Federal - $300,000; SADC - $500,000), total amount of $1,418,250.
VII. 6:30 p.m. PRESENTATION
- Status of Melick LLC settlement by John Gallina, Esquire.
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #24842, using County Quote #0012-2010, with Communications Systems, Inc., for video surveillance software, for the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $19,975, using Homeland Security Grant funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #IT.3166, using County Quote #0014-2010, with Software House International, Inc., for email protection software, for the Information Technology Department, in the amount of $22,087.79.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Brinkerhoff Environmental Services, Inc., review of Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Update Report, for Kingwood Twp. property, increase of $3,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Cherry Weber and Associates, for additional work in connection with the reconstruction of County Bridge W-124 and approach roadway of Alexauken Creek Road, in West Amwell, increase of $9,854.
- Request to advertise for the solicitation of competitive bids for County Bid #2010-06, to furnish and deliver long life epoxy resin for the application of traffic stripping, for the Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Appeals Court rules on copying fees.
- Pending retirements.
XI. OPEN SPACE
- Review - Cooperative Open Space Funding Applications.
XII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status – “Friends of” project.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 02, 2010.
- Motion to approve Social Services Funds Report for February, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of February 16, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Anna Pinkerton appointed permanent, full time Senior Clerk Typist, Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension of Hunterdon. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2010 Budget Statement Certification by Welfare Agency.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications and plans for Drainage Improvements for Culvert X-2C, on County Route 513, (West Main Street), in High Bridge Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a concert agreement with Ernie Martinelli Management, for B’Klyn Reunion “2”, to provide a “Music Under the Stars” concert, on July 29, 2010, in the amount of $7,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a concert agreement with Brothers Management Associates, Inc.; for Ragdoll, to provide a “Music Under the Stars” concert, on July 22, 2010, in the amount of $3,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a concert agreement with Brothers Management Associates, Inc.; for Beatlemania-the Cast, to provide a “Music Under the Stars” concert, on July 15, 2010, in the amount of $3,750.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a cash Maintenance Bond to Gregory Egnatuk, in the amount of $10,204.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a cash Performance Bond to Gregory Egnatuk, in the amount of $2,300.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the return of a Road Opening Deposit, to Adamsville Maintenance, Inc., Permit #06-0039, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the return of a Road Opening Deposit, to Adamsville Maintenance, Inc., Permit #07-0039, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Federal Change Order #1, Final, for County Bid #2008-05, for Resurfacing of County Route 523, in Tewksbury Township, with Schifano Construction, decrease of $78,210.94.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2008-05, for Resurfacing of Route 523, in Tewksbury Twp., to Schifano Construction, in the amount of $13,552.20.
- RESOLUTION - Approving grant awards for the Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the amount of $11,952.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Toni Hansen to the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the redacted Executive Session minutes of October 06, 2009, October 20, 2009, November 04, 2009, and November 10, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2010 Recreation Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities grant agreement, in the amount of $1,100, with a County Match of $220, total grant amount of $1,320.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement from the National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO) for participation in the NACCHO MRC (Medical Reserve Corps) Capacity Building Awards Grant, in the amount of $5,000 for 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for grant funds from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, for Senior Farmers’ Market Mini Grant, in the amount of $1,200 in state funds and a County match of $2,085, total grant amount of $3,285.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the Supplemental Subregional Staff Support for ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act), in the amount of $37,200.
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting permission to hold a coin toss, on Saturday, April 10, 2010 and Saturday, November 27, 2010, on County Route 523 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street, from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Lucy Bush, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps, on Thursday, May 06, 2010, for the 59 th Annual National Day of Prayer. Also requesting permission for access to an electric outlet.
- Victoria Grimes, requesting permission for a tree to be planted in memory of her father, John Tetkwa, at the Route 31 Arboretum.
- Franklin Township , requesting the Hunterdon County Print Shop produce the Township’s annual public information packets and stationary.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)