A complete copy of the June 15, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
June 15, 2010 - 4:00 pm
2:00 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT – Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Finance Director and Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- INTRODUCTION - Bond Ordinance No. 05-10, Authorizing the improvements of various bridges and culverts in, by and for the County of Hunterdon, State of New Jersey, in the amount of $3,300,000.
- INTRODUCTION - Bond Ordinance No. 06-10, Authorizing the improvement of various public highways, roads and streets, in the amount of $3,150,000.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 7-10, authorizing the acquisition of real property for open space, park and recreation purposes, in the amount of $1,750,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2008 SANE/SART grant, in the amount of $23,507.68.
VI. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, Chris Phalen
- Update regarding Shared Services.
VII. GREATER RARITAN WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD, Michelle Roust
- Memorandum of Understanding.
- To discuss vacancies on the WIB Board.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
IX. PLANNING BOARD/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara, Director and Kevin Richardson, Trust Fund Coordinator
- Introduction of the Procedures Manual for the Municipal and Nonprofit Grant Programs: Cooperative Open Space Acquisition Assistance and Historic Preservation Grant Program. No action required.
X. PURCHASING, John Davenport, Purchasing Agent
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition No. 40024551, using County Quote #0039-2010, with Garden State Highway Products, for Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $13,390.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2010-08, for a new and unused Trail-King Model TK7OSA Dual Axle 25 Ton capacity fifth wheel sliding Axle Trailer, to Hale Trailer Brake and Wheel, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $57,974.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- In-Kind Printing request from Glen Gardner Borough.
- Update of the Youth Facility employees assimilation into other County Departments.
XII. CENTRAL PRINTING AND MAIL, Bob Thurgarland, Director
- Status implementation of Information Services consolidated model.
- Discussion on Social Media.
- The response of the County to comply with Senate Bill No. 708, “Transparency in Government Act”, which provides for establishment of State public finance website.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status – “Friends of” project.
- Status – Room Policy.
- Public Copying Costs.
- Emergency Policy addressing Hunterdon’s emergency Fiscal and Budgetary Crisis.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated June 15, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular minutes of June 01, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Pamela Jamele appointed permanent, full time Graphic Artist 1, Central Printing and Mail. (passed Civil Services Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Carl Rachel appointed permanent, full time Public Information Officer, Health Department. (passed Civil Services Exam).
- RESOLUTION - James Thatch appointed permanent, full time Program Coordinator Special Events, Library. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments for seasonal, when and as needed Recreation Leaders, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Kyle Zenlea, Assistant Planner, Planning Board, request for a leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Sybil Rainey appointed temporary, as needed Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for the Resurfacing and Intersection Improvements for County Routes 613, 650 and 519, in Holland and Raritan Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving surplus equipment in Emergency Services, upon the recommendation of the Public Safety Director, be given to the Old Bridge Police Department, without Charge.
- RESOLUTION - Approving surplus equipment in Emergency Services, upon the recommendation of the Public Safety Director, be offered to other agencies, without value.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the dissolution of the Youth Shelter.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #32, for Bid #2005-47, for the Addition/Alteration to the Communications/Emergency Services Center, with DeSapio Construction, in the amount of $40,620.59.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Millerville University, for assistance in performing surveillance activities, in connection with the County’s Black Fly Control program, in the amount of $3,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments to the Human Services Advisory Council of Cynthia Good and Jeanne Cassano.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting to restore funding to Hagedorn Gero Psychiatric Hospital and establish a task force to study the impact of closing the facility.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of a cash Road Opening Deposit to The Williams Co./Transcontinental Gas Pipeline, for Permit #94-000021, amount of $500.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of a cash Road Opening Deposit to The Williams Co./Transcontinental Gas Pipeline, for Permits #02-00041 and #02-00041, amount of $5,000.00.
- PROCLAMATON - Recognizing the LINK on its 25 th Anniversary.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Erich Fox Junge for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Joe Piscopo for being honored by the CHABAD of Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a FTA Non-Urbanized Area Formula Program, (Section 5311), grant application for July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, with New Jersey Transit in the amount of $543,080 for operating funds and a County match of $135,770.
- Quakertown Fire Co., requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on July 03, 2010 and July 04, 2010, at the intersection of County Route 513 and Pittstown Road.
XIX. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XX. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XXI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)