A complete copy of the July 20, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
TENTATIVE AGENDA (revised 7/20/2010 at 10:30am)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
July 20, 2010 - 4:00 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. PUBLIC HEARING
- For consideration of Sale of Surplus Property, known as Block 4, Lot 94, (Bush Property), located in the Township of Readington.
VI. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director and Margaret Pasqua, Treasurer
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 8-10, authorizing the cooperative acquisition of real property for Open Space, Park and Recreation purposes, in the amount of $1,750,000.00.
- Proposal for sharing consulting services for patients in State Psychiatric Hospitals.
VII. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a cost share agreement for a development easement, the Roerig Farm, known as Block 30, Lot 28, in the Township of Union, (SADC - $380,160.00; County - $126,720.00.; Township - $126,720.00) for a total of $633,600.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement from Helen Rynearson, (Furrows End Farm North), Block 3, Lot 3.04, East Amwell Township, (SADC - $234,840.00; County - $76,280.00; Township - $85,880.00) for a total of $399,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement from Helen Rynearson, (Furrows End Farm South), Block 3, Lot 3, East Amwell Township, (SADC - $296,700.00; County - $98,900.00; Township - $107,500.00) for a total of $503,100.00.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Lopatcong Township in Warren County, requesting to purchase surplus equipment, Trucks numbered 6 and 54.
- Mitigation project update.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- To discuss the appointment of Robert Thurgarland as the unclassified, full time Department Manager, Consolidated Information Services Department.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- County 4-H & Agricultural Fair – signage.
XI. PARKS AND RECREATION, John Trontis, Director
- Deer Management–Controlled Hunting Program for the 2010/2011 Season.
- Request from Camp Dill Foundation to build required septic system on easement, Block 41, Lot 4, Clinton Township and Block 4.07, Lot 7, in High Bridge Borough.
XII. HEALTH DEPARTMENT, Rose Puelle
- Update of seasonal influenza clinic proposal.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving claims for Claims Register dated July 20, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of June 15, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Tanvi Rastogi appointed permanent, part-time, Library Associate, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Silva appointed temporary, when and as needed, seasonal Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Shana Taylor designated unclassified, County Adjuster, for the consolidated Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointment of Jeannie Avery to the Human Services Advisory Council, effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subordination Agreement, for Michael and Virginia Atheras, for Block 15, Lot 20, in the Borough of Frenchtown, through Wells Fargo Bank, with a not-to-exceed amount of $144,778.15.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification, for professional engineering services, with Keller and Kirkpatrick Consulting Engineers, in connection with the reconstruction of Bridges E-140 and E-142, in Eest Amwell Twp., Hunterdon County and Hopewell Twp., Mercer County, in the amount of $18,579.26.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the execution of a joint funding agreement, for the annual maintenance of the Neshanic River Gauge, for the Heron Glen water allocation permit, with the Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, in the amount of $1,350.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release, finalizing a claim in connection with property damages at the County’s 911 Center, in the amount of $260,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a portion of property, Block, 27, Lot 36, Township of Raritan, Estate of Robert Yard, for the realignment of Pennsylvania Avenue, in the amount of $175,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with JCP&L, to remove an existing pole and re-route overhead facilities at the Route 12 Records Retention Center, in the amount of $8,689.71.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the weight limit of 5 tons be rescinded and an unrestricted weight limit be placed on InterCounty Bridge B-26-W, on Valley Road, in Bethlehem Township, Hunterdon County/and on Shurts Road, in Franklin Township, Warren County.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting Governor Christie’s initiatives to adopt a a toolkit of reforms.
- RESOLUTION - Approving artists agreements, the Cultural and Heritage Commission is sponsoring an art show at the Historic Prallsville Mills, July 15 to July 30, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subgrant Award for the Multi-Jurisdictional Guns, Gangs and Narcotics Task Force grant, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $40,272.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application, for Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $81,688.00 in federal funds and a County match of $20,422 (in-kind).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application, for data sharing among law enforcement agencies, using the NJDEx System, with the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, in the amount of $150,000.
- New Jersey Multisport, requesting permission to close a portion of County Route 629, starting at the North Board Ramp at the Round Valley Reservoir and ending at the Intersection of Old Mountain Road, on October 10, 2010 between 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)