A complete copy of the February 02, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available online for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
FEBRUARY 02, 2010 - 3:00 pm
Hunterdon County Utilitieis Authority Meeting – 3:00 p.m.
l. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m. POLYTECH, Hunterdon County Vocational Education
- PROCLAMATION – Declaring February 2010 as Career and Technical Education month in the County.
V. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
- Public Hearing - Acquisition of land and easements for the replacement of County Bridge E-174, on County Route 602 ( Wertsville Road), over a tributary of the Back Brook, in East Amwell Township.
VI. 6:30 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING
- ALLOCATION OF OPEN SPACE TAX LEVY
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-14, for Refuse Disposal Services, to Republic Services of New Jersey, LLC, d/b/a Raritan Valley Disposal, in an amount not to exceed $562,686.40.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for engineering services to assist with the restoration of critical load electrical services, as part of the Emergency Services Building renovation and additional project, with ElectroQuest, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $16,400.
- RESOLUTION - Approving contracts for the provision of human services, in accordance with the 2009 Request for Proposals, (Quotes 0048-2009 and 0055-2009), in the total amount of $1,596,591.
- Requesting permission to solicit bids for: (1) to furnish and deliver four International Dump Trucks with accessories; (2) to rebid a Hyster Lift Truck and (3) Heron Glen Golf Course bunker renovations (phase 1 and 2).
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for sale of development easement, from Anna O. Felix, Philip Felix and Mary Felix, on Block 14, Lot 23, in Kingwood Township, consisting of 171 acres, (SADC-$750,000, Federal Funds-$289,000, County-$250,000, Township-$250,000), total amount of $1,539,000.
IX. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Program application to Delaware Township, in the amount of $117,061.54.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Program application to Flemington Borough, in the amount of $33,100.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a request by the New Jersey Audubon Society to assign and convey its real property interest, in Block 38, Lot 6 (n/f Hendershot Parcel), in Bethlehem Township, after closing settlement to the Township of Bethlehem.
- Presentation by the Planning Department regarding the Franklin Township (Warren County) Truck Depot.
- Presentation by Environmental Capital regarding the Sale of Carbon Credits.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 02, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of January 19, 2010.
- Motion to approve Social Services Funds Register, December 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving contractual longevity pay for Sergeants in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Deputy Coordinators to the Office of Emergency Management Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Bambi Kuhl to the Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a fixed weight limit on County Bridge W-27, on Barry Road, in West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a performance bond, in the amount of $18,000, to Rolling Meadows of Readington, LLC.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a cash Performance Bond, in the amount of $1,000, to Teresa Carfagnini.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a cash Road Opening Deposit to Richard E. Yard Plumbing & Heating, Inc., for permit #06-0021, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a cash Road Opening Deposit to Richard E. Yard Plumbing & Heating, Inc., for permit #07-0027, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right of way and/or easement from Anna O. Felix, Philip Felix and Mary Felix, in Kingwood Township, in connection with Bridge Maintenance Easements for County Structures K093 and K093A, I the amount of $756.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with the New Jersey Department of Human Services, for Homeless funds, in the amount of $151,384.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to a contract with Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen, increase of $6,031, to provide juvenile evaluations.
- RESOLUTION - Opposing the new cost-sharing arrangement from the State with regard to maintenance of patients in state psychiatric facilities (87.5% / 12.5%).
- PROCLAMATION -Proclaim March 14 – 20, 2010 be designated as “Family and Community Health Sciences-Living Well Week”
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement for the Multi-Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force, in the amount of $40,272.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the extension of the County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) grant, through June 30, 2010.
- Linda Castner of Up, Up Away in Hunterdon, Inc., requesting a letter of support to obtain federal fundingthrough the “Garrett A. Morgan Technology and Transportation Education Program” (GAMTTEP), to develop the Central New Jersey GAMTTEP Collaborative.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)