A complete copy of the April 20, 2010 Meeting Minutes is available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
APRIL 20, 2010 - 4:00 pm
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. 6:00 p.m. PUBLIC COMMENT – Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Finance Director
- PUBLIC HEARING - Adoption of the Resolution to exceed the County Budget Appropriation Limits and to Establish a CAP Bank.
- INTRODUCTION - County Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Finance Department to send estimated 3 rd quarter tax bills to each municipality and to charge late fees in accordance with NJSA.
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agricultural subdivision application for the Hoffman Farm (Hoffman A, B and C Farms); and approving a Contract of Sale and License Agreement for the conveyance of the property as a 3.35 acre severable exception area of Block 6, Lot 49, in Holland Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right of way and/or easement of the fee simple title from Hanna and Nemeth Saqa and Hanna and Louisa Abu-Ghattas, on Block 75, Lot 33, in Readington Township, in the amount of $9,438.
- RESOLUTION - Urging an amendment to proposed legislation that would clarify the ordinances and regulations in effect at the time an application for development is deemed complete would apply to the “Time of Decision rule”.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #CountyClerk.1217, with AmCaD, for data and image conversion loading, for the County Clerk’s Office, amount of $11,414.63.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #CountyClerk.1219, with Progress Printing Company, for ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, amount of $40,512.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #24736, with Continental Fire and Safety, for appliances and nozzles, for Public Safety, amount of $14,381.55.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Requisition #24928, with Transcore, for dispatch equipment, for the Emergency Services Division of Public Safety, amount of $16,203.44.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2010- 04, for Demolition of various Structures, to RVT Construction, Inc., amount not to exceed $153,902.98.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the professional services agreement with Transystems Corp., to provide additional services in connection with the historic preservation and rehabilitation of County Bridge RQ-154, on Rockafellow Mills Road, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Raritan and Readington Townships, increase of $54,000.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Discuss position vacancy.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status – “Friends of” project.
- Cost per copy.
- Settlement – County Route 523/517 Intersection Litigation, Tewksbury Township.
- Grant Award to Alexandria Equestrian for trail development on County land.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 20, 2010.
- Motion to approve the regular minutes of March 16, 2010, April 06, 2010 and the special minutes of March 31, 2010 and April 05, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointments of temporary, as needed seasonal Recreation Leaders, Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Jeffrey Schellhorn, Mechanic, Roads, Bridges and Engineering, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Martin Maier appointed temporary, as needed Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Martin Bush appointed temporary, as needed Laborer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with the State of New Jersey for the reimbursable ceiling for Contract #TS10010, to reduce funding in the Post TANF Transportation Component by $9,765.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with All Quality Care, decreasing the hourly rates for Certified and Non-Certified Home Health Services, for the remainder of 2010. The contract amount of $90,000 remains the same.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a New Jersey Homeless Management Information System Collaborative Participation Agreement with New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency, providing the ability to share and identify information on consumers.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an InterLocal Health Services Agreement with Alexandria Township, for certain public health activities and services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with Hunterdon Harmonizers for a performance at Deer Path Park on July 8, 2010, for the “Music Under the Stars” concert series, in the amount of $3,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with Ragdoll for a performance at Deer Path Park on July 15, 2010, for the “Music Under the Stars” concert series, in the amount of $3,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with The Classics for a performance at Deer Path Park on July 1, 2010, for the “Music Under the Stars” concert series, in the amount of $4,000
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Glenn S. Damiano-Szafran for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant, #10-013, for legal assistance for seniors, with Legal Servcies of Northwest Jersey, in the amount of $12,433 in federal funds and $1,381 in state funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant, #10-061, for a Caregivers Support Group program, with Hunterdon Behavioral Health, in the amount of $13,288 in federal funds, $14,269 in state funds and $7,498 in local funds.
- Flemington Borough, requesting permission to bury a “time capsule” in Court Street Park behind the historic Court House during their celebration of their 100th Anniversary, on June 7, 2010. Also, inviting the Freeholders to attend and participate.
- Readington Township, requesting permission to use Route 523 during their Memorial Day Parade, on May 31, 2010. Also, inviting the Freeholder Board to participate in the parade and commemorating celebration at Pickell Park.
- Somerset Wheelmen, requesting permission to conduct their NJ Masters Cycling Championships, in East Amwell Township, from 7:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m., utilizing County Roads ( Dutch Lane to Old York Road to Manners Road, to Wertsville Road and back to Dutch Lane).
- Hunterdon Walking and Social Club, requesting permission for a memorial tress to be planted at Deer Path Park.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)