A complete copy of the March 03, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 03, 2009
2:45 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting.
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3039, using State Contract #A-66453, with Consolidated Steel and Aluminum Fence Co., for fencing for a 6’ high fence with top rail and 2 swing gates, for Information Technology and Project Administration, in the amount of $14,928.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2008-41, for one (1) 2009 F-350 Sterling Bullett Quad Cab Chassis, with an aluminum van body and associated equipment, for the Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management, to Robert H. Hoover & Sons, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $76,783.
V. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County buildings and facilities.
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Food Policy.
- Fringe Benefit Policy.
- Request from Human Services to re-designate the Division of Senior Services to the Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services.
- Update concerning the Delaware Valley Bead Association.
- Hoffman Farm Lime Kilns public service project.
- Review of mandated vs. non-mandated services analysis.
VII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 03, 2009.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds report for January 2009.
Motion to approve the regular session minutes of February 03, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Quinn appointed permanent, full time County Correction Officer, Division of Corrections of the Public Safety Department. (passed Civil Service exam).
- RESOLUTION - Guy Silliman appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Emergency Services Division of the Public Safety Department. (passed Civil Service exam).
- RESOLUTION - Establishing salaries and longevity payments for employees covered under the supervisory contract in the Division of Corrections.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Interlocal Health Services agreement with Franklin Township, for certain public health activities and services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Warren County to house juveniles at the County’s Youth Facility.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with State Contract #09AHKC, with the New Jersey Dept. of Human Services, to promote adolescent pregnancy prevention awareness, increase of $1,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Agreement with the North Hunterdon Cluster, in the amount of $23,000, to implement substance abuse prevention services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Richard Monacchio, to provide juvenile sex offender treatment, in the amount of $13,689.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification for State Contract #TS09010 Special Initiatives and Transportation Agreement, to shift allocated funds to address the increased needs of TANF consumers.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of redacted Executive Session minutes of December 16, 2008, January 08, 2009, January 20, 2009 and February 03, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement to sell development easement with the State Agriculture Development Committee and Holland Township, for Block 6, Lots 49 and 49.02.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Matthew James Deichler for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Patrick Hyland for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jack O’Donnell for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on Saturday, April 11, 2009 and November 28, 2009, between 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at County Route 513 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street.
- Borough of Hampton, requesting permission to close a portion of County Route 635 (Charlestown Road, New Street and Main Street), on Saturday, July 25, 2009, during a parade to celebrate the 100 th Anniversary of the Hampton Fire Company and the 100 th Anniversary of Hampton. Also, requesting permission to purchase the services of a LINK bus to shuttle residents to Hampton Park.
- Readington Township, requesting permission to close a portion of County Route 523, from Route 22 to Mountain Road, on May 25, 2009, from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., for a Memorial Day parade.
- Prosecutor’s Office, requesting permission for a detective to belong to the East Coast Gang Investigators’ Association, Inc., for 2009, in the amount of $25.
- Health Department, requesting permission to have an MRC Coordinator attend the 2009 Integrated Medical, Public Health, Preparedness and Response Training Summit, in Dallas, Texas, from April 06, 2009 through April 08, 2009, no registration or lodging fees, Transportation - $224.50 and Meals - $120, overall estimated costs to be $344.40.
- Information Technology, requesting permission to join GMIS International, which allows participation in meetings, conferences, for the NJ State Chapter of GMIS also, in the amount of $75 for 2008.
X. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)