A complete copy of the January 20, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 5:00 p.m. BUILDINGS AND MAINTENANCE, Pete Maddalena, Director
- Requesting permission to renew the membership in the International Association of Electrical Inspectors, in the amount of $90.
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director
- PUBLIC HEARING - Resolution to exceed the County Budget Appropriation Limits and to establish a CAP Bank.
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract of Sale of Development Easement from Tewksbury Associates, Inc., on Block 16, Lots 23, 23.01 and 23.02, consisting of 56.4 acres, (SADC-$642,960, County-$214,320, Township-$214,320), total amount $1,071,600.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the payment of the installment balances for the Planning Incentive grants.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24117, using County Quote #0123-2008, with Whelan Enterprises, for the installation of antennas for the Communications Division of Public Safety, in the amount of $22,300.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24171, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5DD, with Unisys, for hardware maintenance for the Communications Division of Public Safety, in the amount of $17,544.12.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3029, using State Contract #A-72727, with Dell/ASAP Software, for software licenses for Information Technology, in the amount of $117,828.38.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0100-2008, for a professional services agreement to provide engineering design services for safety and mobility improvements to the intersection of County Route 600 (Wescott Drive) and County Route 612 ( Sand Hill Road), in Raritan Township, with Malick & Scherer, PC, in an amount not to exceed $113,940.75.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0102-2008, for a professional services agreement to provide engineering design services for the reconstruction of County Route 519/Warren Glen Hill Climbing Lane, in Holland Township, with Cherry, Weber and Associates, for an amount not to exceed $349,986.
VIII. OPEN SPACE TRUST FUND, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving three Municipal Grant Program applications with Readington ($166,035), Tewksbury ($157,290) and Union ($47,595.18) Townships, and two non-profit Grant Program applications with New Jersey Conservation Foundation ($207,720) and the Tewksbury Land Trust ($146,500).
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Project Update.
- Energy audit presentation.
- Choir School.
XI. SMALL CITIES GRANT, Alan Johnson
- Status of the Small Cities Housing Rehabilitation Grant.
XII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Update of a room request by the Watercolor Society.
- Recording of public meetings.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the time extension of the County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) Grant, with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, through June 30, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Victims of Witness Crime Act (VOCA) Supplemental Award, from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, in the amount of $11,040, for the period of November 01, 2008 through April 30, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-001, for grant administration, decrease in federal funds of $285, an increase in state funds of $28,473 and an increase in local funds of $101,377.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-025/026, for Congregate Meals and Home Delivered Meals, decrease in participant funds of $3,650.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-032, for information and assistance, decrease in federal funds of $2,946, an increase in state funds of $1,955 and an increase in local funds of $208.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-054, for care coordination, increase in federal funds of $8 and an increase in state funds of $414.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-060, for the State Health Insurance Program, (S.H.I.P.), increase in state funds of $5,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-062, for the Mr. Fixit Program, decrease in federal funds of $1,500, an increase in state funds of $1,362 and an increase in donations of $700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to Area Plan Grant #10-064/065, for Senior Health and Preventive Health Services, increase in federal funds of $207 and an increase in local funds of $1,613.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Planning Assistance grant application, with the New Jersey Highlands Council, in the amount of $15,000, in state funds.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the reorganization minutes of January 02, 2009 and the regular session minutes of January 08, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - James Palmer appointed provisional, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Communications Division of the Public Safety Department. (completed training).
- RESOLUTION - Devin Seppelt appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library. (replacement).
- RESOLUTION - Alison Albrecht appointed temporary, as needed Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation Department. (grant funded).
- RESOLUTION - Emily Rich, Recreation Supervisor, Parks and Recreation, adjusting hours from full time to part time.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for funding to the New Jersey Department of Transportation to fund the Hunterdon County Route 523, Resurfacing, Widening and Storm Drainage project, in Raritan and Readington Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the subordination of a mortgage held by Chase Home Finance and Hunterdon County, on Block 40, Lot 11, in High Bridge Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the signing of the “Federal Fiscal Year 2009 Certifications and Assurances” for the Federal Transit Administration Assistance Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2009 State/County Partnership (SCP) and Family Court Appropriations Award notice, from the New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission, for funding in the amount of $288,274, (consisting of $135,567 in SCP program funds, $55,550 in SCP Management funds, $97,157 in Family Court Service funds and $6,153 in Juvenile Accountability Block Grant funds).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Transportation Service agreement with The ARC of Hunterdon County, for the purchase of transportation services for 85 ARC consumers, for 2009, in the amount of $189,667.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Kim Browne to the Hunterdon County Utilities Authority.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Wayne Hunt for having served on the County Agriculture Development Board.
- Hunterdon County Shade Tree Commission, requesting permission to maintain membership in the International Society of Arboriculture, in the amount of $105, for 2009.
- New Jersey Association of Counties, bill for 2009 dues, in the amount of $5,815.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XVIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)