A complete copy of the February 17, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2009
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. 5:00p.m. HUNTERDON COUNTY POLYTECH
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing February as Career and Technical Education month.
V. EARMARKED STIMULUS PROGRAM
Presented by: Pam Pontrelli, Human Services Administrator; John Glynn, Director, Roads, Bridges and Engineering and John Beckley, Health Director
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION -
Approving a Grant Agreement for the acquisition of a development easement, from Tewksbury Twp., for a portion of Block 5, Lot 12, and a small undesignated parcel in Califon Borough, 67,098 acres, (SADC - $427,779.72, County - $142,593.02, Township - $147,127.26 (pre-acquired), for a total of $717,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a member of the governing body to sign a Grant Agreement for the acquisition of a development easement, from Tewksbury Twp., for a portion of Block 5, Lot 12, and a small undesignated parcel in Califon Borough.
VII. 5:30 p.m. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director
- To discuss the analysis of the Open Space/Farmland 2009 grant awards and the County’s cost share.
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24175, using Cuonty Quote #0007-2008, with Anchortex Corporation, for monocular night vision devices and ballistic rifle plates, for the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $12,483.83.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24182, pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-5DD, with Queues Enforth Development, for software maintenance, for the Division of Emergency Services of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $31,665.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40020744, pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-5DD, with DLT Solutions, for software subscription, for the Division of Engineering of the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $14,758.90.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #Pros.07123, pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-5(1)(g), with Sirchie Finger Print Labs, for surveillance conversion, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $34,775.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #Pros.07244, through State Contract No. A-65902, with Laser Technology, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $11,094.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0121-2008, for professional engineering design services, for the reconstruction of County Bridge W-124 and approach roadway, on Alexauken Creek Road, in West Amwell Township, to Cherry, Weber and Associates, in an amount not to exceed $108,676.
IX. ROADS AND BRIDGES UPDATE , John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Report on the State Department of Transportation program.
- Approval of the 2009 Forestry Management Plan.
- Request for a contract modification with Keller and Kirkpatrick for an Archeological Historical Study for the Reconstruction of County Bridge R-123, in Readington Township, in the amount of $10,465.39
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss a request from Zufall Health Center to house a mobile medical unit at a County garage facility.
- To discuss the ranking criteria of the Open Space program.
- Public statement regarding the County Agriculture Development Board process.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the NJ Dept. of Health and Senior Services, for a Senior Farmers’ Market Mini Grant for 2009, in the amount of $3,285 ($1,200 state funds and a County Match of $2,085).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for the FY 2008 and FY 2009 Job Access/Reverse Commute (JARC Rounds 10 & 11), with New Jersey Transit for $197,544, for a total for 2008/2009 of $395,088.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 17, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Raffaella Tozzi appointed unclassified, full time Sheriff’s Investigator, Sheriff’s Office. Replacement).
- RESOLUTION - Carl Schottman appointed permanent, full time Senior Mail Clerk, Central Printing and Mail Dept. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Laura Kroon appointed provisional, full time Park Naturalist, Parks and Recreation. (Replacement - approved in 2008).
- RESOLUTION - Elisa Petrigliano appointed provisional, full time Victim Witness Counselor, Prosecutor’s Office. (Replacement - approved in 2008).
- RESOLUTION - Frank Emanuele appointed temporary, as needed Instructor, Division of Emergency Management, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Calvo appointed temporary, as needed Instructor, Division of Emergency Management, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Ryan Ziemba, acting Crew Supervisor, Traffic Maintenance Division, Roads, Bridges and Engineering, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reappointment of William Powell as the Emergency Management Coordinator, Division of Emergency Management of the Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #1, for Bid #2008-36, to provide and erect one (1) 220’ tower and one (1) 120’ monopole or equivalent, for the County’s wireless project, with JBL Electric, Inc., in the amount of $64,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Gaetano M. DeSapio, Esquire, to serve as County Counsel, for 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Cynthia Jacobs, Esquire, to serve as special legal counsel, in connection with a Tort Claim.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for County Route 523/517 Intersection Improvements, in the Township of Tewksbury.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Freeholder Director to sign the “2009 Budget Statement Certification by Welfare Agency” for the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a member of the governing body to sign a Contract for Sale of a portion of property in fee simple, from the Dewey Girls, LLC, in Tewksbury Twp., in connection with Intersection Improvements of County Routes 523 and 517.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to advertise County Bid #2009-03, to furnish and deliver structural steel, for the County Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- Somerset Wheelmen, requesting permission to conduct the Readington Time Trials on County Route 629 ( Pleasant Run Road), on April 11, 2009, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.
- High Bridge Police Department, asking permission on behalf of the Borough of High Bridge Business Association to use County Route 513 between Fairview Avenue and West Main Street, during their Soap Box Derby.
- Health Director, requesting permission to attend the 2009 Winter State Association of County and City Health Officials meeting, on March 12 and 13, 2009, in Washington, D.C. (as President, all expenses, including travel, hotel, per diems, etc. will be paid for) Asking for time off with pay.
- County Clerk, requesting reconsideration of membership dues to the International Association of Clerks, Recorders, Election Officials and Treasurers (IACREOT), in the amount of $175/year.
- Sheriff’s Office, requesting permission for Undersheriff Maloney to join the Sheriff’s Association of New Jersey, at a cost of $500.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)