A complete copy of the September 15, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
2: 45 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- 01. To discuss legal matters.
- 02. To discuss land issues.
- 03. To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m. FOR DISCUSSION
- To adopt a resolution to initiate a Furlough Plan.
V. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement and Grant agreement for a Development Easement acquisition from DW Vineyards, LLC, for Block 17, Lot 16.03, in East Amwell Township, consisting of 25.433 acres, (SADC-$213,637.20, Township-$71,212.40, County-$71,212.40), total amount of $356,062.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement and Grant agreement for a Development Easement from Richard and Melissa Crouse, for Block 12, Lot 19, in Kingwood Township, consisting of 53.383 acres, (SADC-$212,864.71, Township-$61,684.06, County-$55,091.25), total amount of $329,640.02.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement and Grant agreement for a Development Easement from Betty Leverton, a/k/a Betty Harrison Leverton, Executrix of the Estate of Hazel M. Harrison, for Block 27, Lots 46 and 46.05, in East Amwell Township, consisting of $28,987 acres, (SADC-$226,098.60, Township-$75,366.20, County-$75,366.20), total amount of $376,831.
VI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-11, for 87 Octane Unleaded Gasoline Reformulated, for the County, to Rachles/Michele’s Oil Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $538,253.10.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-12, for Fine Paper and Envelopes, to Paper Mart, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $77,820.51.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-15, for Resurfacing and Storm Water Improvements of County Route 523, in Raritan and Readington Townships, to Top Line Construction Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $2,414,187.77.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-16, for Resurfacing of various County Roads in various Municipalities, to Top Line Construction Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $1,163,401.86.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a modification to County Bid #2008-15, to provide the Road Operations Function of the County Consolidated Transportation System, with Easton Coach Company, to reflect the “Basis for Billing”.
VII. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. SHERIFF, Deborah Trout
- Request to provide a Sheriff’s Officer at the New Jersey State Motor Vehicle Commission in Raritan Township.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Print Request – Frenchtown Borough.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 15, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of July 07, 2009, July 21, 2009 and August 18, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Farah Mahmud appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Subah Mahmud appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Anthony Ikotidem appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Brittany Wade appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kaitlyn Leonard appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Yard appointed temporary, as needed Laboratory Assistant, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a performance bond, #1017391, to D&D Developers, Inc., in the amount $40,730.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a performance bond, #0358565, to Raritan Valley Developers, in the amount of $111,745.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Somerset County for Juvenile Home Detention Services for residents of Hunterdon County in Somerset’s Juvenile Home Detention program, $88 per juvenile.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Operating Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit Corporation for the Section 5311 program, in the amount of $269,995, (NJ Transit-$134,998 and a County Match of $134,998).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Emergency Operating Plan for the County Department of Public Safety.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Kuhl Corporation on their 100 th Anniversary.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Health Services Grant with the New Jersey Department of Human Services to provide indigent clients substance abuse treatment; outpatient services; short term residential and prevention services, in the amount of $254,697, (State funding-$226,291 and a County Match of $28,406).
- Hunterdon Harmonizers, requesting permission to use the restroom facilities in the rear of the historic Court House during the 25 th Annual Craft Fair, on September 19 and 20, 2009.
- Milford Merchants Association, requesting permission to close a portion of County Route 519 on Sunday, October 25, 2009, for Milford’s Annual Halloween Parade, starting at 1:00 p.m.
XIV. 6:00 p.m. SMALL CITIES COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Hunterdon County Housing Rehabilitation Program Policy Manual.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the 2010 Small Cities funding round in the amount of $400,000 with a County match of $200,000.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Discuss permitting municipalities to use the County’s Health Benefits Plan.
- Discuss Flu Shots for employees and MRC volunteers.
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)