A complete copy of the November 17, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Historic Court House
Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009
PUBLIC NOTICE - CHANGE OF MEETING TIME DUE TO VETERANS' RECOGNITION CEREMONY
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before November 06, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 2:00 p.m.VETERANS’ RECOGNITION CEREMONY
- Presentation at the Historic Court House
Recess to reconvene in the Main Street County Complex, 2nd Floor, Freeholders’ Meeting Room
III. 3:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 4:00 p.m.PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional consulting services agreement to provide a cost allocation plan for fiscal years ending December 31, 2008 and December 31, 2009, with Pino Consulting Group, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $40,750.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional consulting services agreement with Brinkerhoff Environmental Services, Inc., to engage an engineer to perform a review of the Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Update Report, in an amount not to exceed $3,850.
- Requesting approval to solicit for competitive bids for County Bid #2009-28, for Grant Funded Municipal Records Purging Reorganization and Inventory Project – Phase 2.
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Amending the final approval under the Planning Incentive Grant program, for acquisition of a development easement from Armand T. Christopher Jr., on Block 58, Lot 9, in Delaware Township, consisting of 56.188 acres, (SADC-$353,984.40; County-$117,994.80; Township-$117,994.80), total amount of $589,974.
VII. PLANNING BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Director
- Preliminary discussion - Highlands Plan Conformance, December 08, 2009 deadline.
- RESOLUTION - Accepting the Highlands Council Plan Conformance Grant, in the amount of $20,000.
VIII. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, UPDATE, Cynthia J. Yard
X. 5:00 p.m. Thomas Branch, Military Unit Liaison, New Jersey Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
XI. FINANCE, Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING - Refunding Bond Ordinance providing for the refunding of $10,450,000 aggregate principal amount of outstanding bonds.
- PUBLIC HEARING - Bond Ordinance #11-09, authorizing the acquisition of development easements on agricultural land for the Farmland Preservation Program, in the amount of $3,600,000.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the Highlands Sustainable Agriculture Grant, in the amount of $41,281.37.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the Homeland Security Grant Program, in the amount of $548,702.46.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant reserve in the amount of $2,486.60 and a grant receivable in the amount of $2,486.71, for the 2008-2009 Comprehensive Cancer Control Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable in the amount of $25,000, for the 2007-2008 County 911 Coordinator Grant.
XII. PUBLIC SAFETY, George F. Wagner, Director
- To discuss a vacancy in the Division of Emergency Management.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- A request to store the ZuFall Dental Van in a County structure.
- County Clerk – International Membership request.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 17, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of October 06, 2009, October 20, 2009, November 04, 2009 and the special session minutes of November 10, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Appointment John Sabel as a temporary, when and as needed Instructor, Division of Emergency Management, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Albert Strunk Jr., Mechanic’s Helper, Roads and Bridges, salary adjustment. (contractual increase for acquiring a Class A License).
- RESOLUTION - Dante Faraone, Equipment Operator, Roads and Bridges, salary adjustment. (contractual increase for Acting Supervisory duties).
- RESOLUTION - Bryan Manning, Equipment Operator, Roads and Bridges, salary adjustment. (contractual increase for completion of 12 month training).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing No Passing Zones be established along Mt. Pleasant-Milford-Mt. Pleasant Road, part of County Road #15, County Route 519), in Milford Borough and Holland Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving speed limits in both directions along County Route 519 ( Mount Pleasant Road), in Milford Borough and Alexandria Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2010 Subregional Transportation Program with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $64,880. (federal funds-$51,904; County Match -$12,976).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of the redacted executive session minutes of July 21, 2009, August 04, 2009, August 18, 2009, September 01, 2009 and September 15, 2009. There was no executive session on July 07, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right-of-way and/or easement from Evelyn K. Melick, Doris A. Lisi-Craig, Robert Melick and Audrey Melick, owners of fee simple title to Block 27, Lot 151, in Tewksbury Township, totaling $24,420 for the right of way, bridge easement, and sight easement.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Brendan Lederach for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Travis Rainey for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Matthew Sheneman for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey Historical Commission in the amount of $11,952 and authorizing the Cultural and Heritage Commission to re-grant these funds.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the County’s Wastewater Management grant, increasing the state funding by $7,142.85, revising the total to be received to $107,142.85.
XVII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XX. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)