A complete copy of the November 04, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2009
CHANGE OF MEETING DATE: Public Notice
2:30 p.m. HUNTERDON COUNTY UTILITIES AUTHORITY
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before October 28, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 3:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 4:30 p.m.PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #1177, with Progress Printing Company, for ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $12,500.00.
V. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING – John Glynn
- RESOLUTION - Approving Plans and Specs for drainage project, Route 519, Kingwood Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Plans and Specs for rehabilitation of Bridge RQ-164, Rockafellow’s Mill Road Bridge, over the South Branch of the Raritan River, Raritan and Readington Townships, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Public Hearing to be scheduled for the purpose of acquiring fee simple interests and easement interests with regard to the replacement of Bridge E-174, in the Township of East Amwell, County of Hunterdon.
- Status of passing zone/school crosswalk, CR519, Milford Borough.
VI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR UPDATE, Cynthia J. Yard
VII. 5:00 p.m. – HEALTH DEPARTMENT – Rose Puelle
- Update on H1N1
VIII. 5:30 P.M. PUBLIC HEARING
- ADOPTION – Capital Ordinance No. 09-09, Capital Project #1-350-09, to repair and make improvements at Heron Glen Golf Course, for the Parks Department, and appropriating funds in the amount of $170,000.00.
- ADOPTION – Capital Ordinance No. 10-09, Capital Project #1-350-09, to make improvements and renovations at various County facilities, for the County of Hunterdon, and appropriating funds in the amount of $150,000.00.
- INTRODUCTION - Bond Ordinance No. 11-09, authorizing the acquisition of development easements on agricultural land for the Farmland Preservation Program, in by and for the County of Hunterdon, to appropriate the amount of $3,600,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the New Jersey State council on the Arts, for the period January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009, in the amount of $11,120.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the New Jersey Historical Commission, for the period July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010, in the amount of $11,952.00.
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the Multi-Jurisdictional Narcotics Task Force, for the period July 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009, in the amount of $40,272.00.
X. FARMLAND AND OPEN SPACE – Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION – Authorizing County Counsel to prepare a Municipal/ County Cost Sharing Agreement for a development easement owned by Herbert Rosenfield, Block 18, Lots 14 and 14.09, Alexandria Township.
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- A request to store the ZuFall Dental Van in a County structure.
XII. CO NSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 4, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 15, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Paul Kaszas, passed Civil Service exam and appointed permanent, full time, Assistant Supervisor Building Service, for Buildings & Maintenance Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Lisa Long, Senior Receptionist Typing, voluntary transfer, from Sheriff’s Office to Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a grid fare increase, to be applied to agencies utilizing the LINK Transportation System, for the Hunterdon County Transportation System, from the rate of $.70 to $1.00 per grid (a grid equates to one square mile).
- Purchasing Agent requests authorization to go out for bid and advertise for the following projects: #2009-14, Refuse Disposal Services for the Various County Facilities; #2009-23, Hyster Fork Lift for Garage Services; #2009-25, Long Distance Telephone Services; #2009-26, Liquid Propane Gas.
- Authorizing the Freeholder Director to enter into a Caretaking and Occupancy Agreement for a dwelling on Westcott Preserve Property in Delaware Township.
- Request from Caregivers of New Jersey to honor family caregivers by designating November as Caregiver Month in Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2010 Universal Service Fund Grant application, with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, for the Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services, in the amount of $1,110.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant application for the SANE/SART Project, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of ($52,746.00 – Federal; and $13,187.00 – County match) $65,933.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Area Plan Grant 2010-2012 application, with the New Jersey Department of Health and Human Services, for the Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services, Department of Human Services, in the amount of ($352,150.00 – State; $395,646.00 – Federal; $701,548.00 – County; $678,394 – Local; $250,462.00 – Donations) $2,378,230.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the FFY09 Homeland Security Grant agreement, with the NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, for the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $548,702.46.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Merck’s Neighbor of Choice Grant application, with Merck & Co., for the Division of Senior, Disabilities & Veterans Services, Department of Human Services, in the amount of $10,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2010 C.E.H.A. grant application, with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, to support environmental inspections, enforcement and education, through the County Health Department, as delegated agents for the Environmental Protection Agency, in the amount of ($146,488.00 from the state; $146,488.00 from County in-kind) $292,976.00.
- Hunterdon Walking and Social Club is requesting a tree memorial for a deceased club member.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)