A complete copy of the May 19, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2009
2:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before May 11, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders will convene in OPEN SESSION in the Historic Court House.
IV. 4:30 p.m. SURROGATE, Susan J. Hoffman
- Request for additional personnel.
V. CULTURAL & HERITAGE COMMISSION, Stephanie Stevens, Chairperson
- Presentation of Essay Awards for “Most Historic Place in my Town”
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Deed of Easement and Grant Agreement with Readington Township (Little), on Block 65, Lots 12 and 12.01, consisting of 31.676 acres, (SADC - $344,435.21, County - $89,182.83, Township -$133,774.08), total amount of $557,392.12.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Deed of Easement and Grant Agreement with Alexandria Township (Dowling), on Block 10, Lot 76, consisting of 49.426 acres, (SADC - $219,327.88, County - $58,584.24, Township - $71,776.83), total amount of $349,688.95.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40021452, using NJ State Contract #A-70290, with Modern Equipment, for snow plow parts, for the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $18,184.56.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0032-2009, for professional surveying services for Serenity Hills Farm, LLC (a/k/a Crimi Farm), in connection with the Farmland Preservation Program, to Harris Surveying, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $15,750.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of an agreement for Architectural and Engineering Services to USA Architects, in connection with the Records Retention Center, in an amount not to exceed $120,000.
VIII. County ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- Request from Flemington Borough Police Chief.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 19, 2009.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for April, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of April 21, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Donald Sutton appointed unclassified, full time Superintendent of Bridges, Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jeffrey Quick appointed unclassified, full time Road Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department.
- RESOLUTION - Earl Ray Eichlin appointed unclassified, full time Assistant Road Supervisor, Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department.
- RESOLUTION - Pia Rey Doklan appointed permanent, full time Field Representative Senior Citizens Program, Division of Senior Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Sarah Pierro appointed permanent, full time GIS Trainee, Division of GIS, Information Technology Department.
- RESOLUTION - Hugo Marin appointed permanent, full time Family Service Worker Bilingual Spanish/English, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Christine Hammerstone appointed permanent, full time Social Work Supervisor, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Breann Liebermann appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Deborah Carvajal, Library Assistant, Library, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Holland Township, for the acceptance of closed drainage systems (formerly County Culvert H-56) situated on Spring Garden Road.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Intrastate Mutual Aid Agreement for County Emergency Response Program, for CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive)/Hazardous Materials Incidents with the State of New Jersey, Department of Environmental Protection.
- RESOLUTON - Approving final payment on County Bid #2006-31, for Alterations to the Deer Path Park Restrooms, with Hahr Construction, in the amount of $8,890.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the entire Freeholder Board to execute a New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission Sticker Identification Card, in order to obtain diesel inspection stickers for vehicles.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission, the Local Arts Program grant awards, in the amount of $74,134.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Christopher Wozniak for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
XI. OLD BUSINESS
- Request for the placement of a Peace Pole at the Route 12 County Library Headquarters.
- Harry Kazman, Famous Trials Theater, Inc., request to use the Historic Court House, on various dates for practices and shows for the reenactment of The Trial of the Century.
XIII. 7:00 p.m. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director and Margaret Pasqua, County Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Budget be read by title only.
- PUBLIC HEARING - For the adoption of the County Budget for 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for the County’s Open Space, Recreation, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for support of the Operating Budget for the County Library.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)