A complete copy of the May 05, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available online for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MAY 05, 2009
PUBLIC NOTICE - OPEN SESSION TIME CHANGE
3:00 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 3:30 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. 4:30 p.m.FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right of way and/or easement from Bryan Lane, for a portion of property in fee simple on Block 16, Lot 4, for a Bridge Maintenance easement, in the amount of $305.30.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with East Amwell Twp., for the acquisition of a development easement on D.W. Vineyards/Wolin Farm, (f/k/a Fisher), Block 17, Lot 16.03.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with East Amwell Township, for the acquisition of a development easement on the Staump Hay Farm, Block 21, Lots 16 and 16.01.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cost Sharing Grant Agreement from Readington Township (Chesla), on Block 64, Lot 29, consisting of 41.283 acres, (SADC-$458,241.30, County-$122,197.68, Township-$183,296.52), total amount of $763,735.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cost Sharing Grant Agreement from Marie K. Janyszeski, Charles T. Kutz and Abigail E. Kutz, Benjamin Janyszeski and Nancy Janyszeski and Janyszeski and Kutz Partnership, on Block 17, Lot 4, consisting of 35.034 acres, in West Amwell Township, (SADC-$194,102.37, County-$54,995.67, Township-$74,405.91), for a total of $323,503.95.
V. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24323, using County Quote #0037-2009, with Communications Systems, Inc., for a surveillance system for the Division of Emergency Services, of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $14,943.10.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40021300, using NJ State Contract #A-71626, with the Campbell Foundry Company, for inlets, for the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, in the amount of $12,755.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-03, to furnish and deliver structural steel, for the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, with Kane Steel Company, in an amount not to exceed $33,205.33.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-04, for Intersection Improvements to County Routes 523/517, in Tewksbury Township, for the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, with Kelly Paving and Excavating, in an amount not to exceed $1,259,260.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of bids received for County Bid #2008-05, for the Resurfacing of County Route 523, in Tewksbury Township, from Z Brothers Concrete and Intercounty Paving Associates, as they did not meet the County’s minimum requirements.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2008-05, for the Resurfacing of County Route 523, in Tewksbury Township, for the Department of Roads, Bridges and Engineering, to Schifano Construction Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $447,226.27.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Suplee, Clooney and Company, for professional auditing services for the Hunterdon County Public Housing Agency of the Department of Human Services, for the period ending December 31, 2008, in the amount of $7,000.
VI. ROADS and BRIDGES, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of the various County road and bridge projects.
VII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Conservation Restriction between Franklin Township, Hunterdon County and the New Jersey Water Supply Authority, affecting a portion of Block 5, Lot 5, in Franklin Township, (formerly known as Summit Manor Company).
VIII. HART COMMUTER INFORMATION SERVICES, Tara Shepherd
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing May 11-15, 2009 as Bike to Work Week in Hunterdon.
IX. CO NSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 05, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of April 21, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Laura Bartram appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Ian Krisantis appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Tomasina Corley-McGuire, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Department, leave of absence without pay.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment on County Bid #2009-21, for the Painting of various Bridges (L-140, K-142, T-24 and R-124), by Aussie Painting, Corp., in the amount of $1,937.28.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Art Show Waiver Agreements, with various senior artists, for the 35 th Annual Hunterdon County Art Show.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a resolution to affirm the County of Hunterdon’s Civil Rights Policy with respect to all officials, appointees, employees, prospective employees, volunteers, independent contractors, and members of the public that come into contact with County employees, officials and volunteers.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an alternate member of the Board of Chosen Freeholders to sign any and all documents on behalf of the County when the Freeholder Director and/or Deputy Director must recuse themselves.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with the Hunterdon Medical Center.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting improvements on tracks used to connect the Norfolk Southern Railway at Three Bridges and the upgrade of a 1896 truss bridge over the South Branch of the Raritan River, for the Black River & Western Railroad System.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with New Jersey Transit for the FY2006 Job Access/Reverse Commute, Round 8, Section 5316, to extend the grant through December 31, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey Highlands Water Protection and Planning Council, in the amount of $15,000, to provide financial and technical assistance to counties within the Highlands Region in order to assess conformance to the Regional Master Plan.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for a Sustainable Agriculture Grant with the New Jersey Highlands Water Protection and Planning Council, in the amount of $40,000, to be used to support Mini-Farm Markets and to promote farm markets.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing May 4-10, 2009, as “Public Service Recognition Week”, in Hunterdon County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the volunteers who run the programs for Hunterdon Outreach.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May as National Historic Preservation Month.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Robert Patterson for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
XII. FOR DISCUSSION
- New Jersey Department of Transportation requesting acknowledgement of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) requirements to receive funding from the NJ Department of Transportation.
- Progressive Center for Independent Living, Inc., requesting an in-kind service of using a LINK bus on Saturday, May 16, 2009, from 9 am until 1 pm.
- Hunterdon County Library seeking permission to have a Peace Pole planted at the Friendship Garden, at the Route 12 Library Headquarters. Also, advising that the Library Commission approved the request by the Community Diversity Council of Hunterdon County.
XIV. 5:30 p.m. DELAWARE TOWNSHIP
- To discuss the Stone Arch Bridge D-368 on Sandbrook Headquarters Road and Pine Hill Road Bridge.
XV. 6:00 p.m. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director
- PUBLIC HEARING - to consider the adoption of Bond Ordinance No. 01-09, authorizing the acquisition of real property for Open Space - Park and Recreation purposes, in the amount of $2,000,000.
- PUBLIC HEARING - to consider the adoption of Bond Ordinance No. 02-09, authorizing the resurfacing of various County roads, in the amount of $3,720,000. (federal stimulus funding).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2007 Recreation Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities, in the amount of $2,188.91.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2008 Recreation Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities, in the amount of $875.85.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a grant receivable for the 2008 Municipal Alliance Program, in the amount of $9,443.07.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)