A complete copy of the July 21, 2009 Meeting Minutes are available for review
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, July 21, 2009 - 1:00 pm
12:45 p.m. HCUA – special meeting – contract finalization.
l. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before June 22, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 1:00 p.m. Emergency Policy Addressing Hunterdon County’s Fiscal and Budgetary Crisis – Further Study Items
IV. 3:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
V. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a right-of-way and/or easement from DW Vineyards, LLC, on Block 17, Lot 16.03, East Amwell Township, in the amount of $224.
VI. 4:30 p.m. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING
- County Route 519, Kingwood Township – Request by resident, Stephen Kelly.
- Project Update
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement, County Quote #0022-2009, with Archer and Greiner, PC, to provide legal services with regard to the Adult Protective Services Unit of the Human Services Department, in an amount not to exceed $120,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-09, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge D-345, over the 3 rd Neshanic River, in Delaware Township, to Underground Utilities Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $572,955.48.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2009-10, for the Resurfacing and Surface Treatment Program, on various County Roads, in various municipalities, to Mannon Excavating & Paving Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $1,291,308.20.
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss Open Public Record Act copy fees.
- County Clerk – personnel request.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 21, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of June 02, 2009, the special session minutes of April 23, 2009, May 21, 2009 and June 16, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Susan Pena appointed permanent, full time Senior Youth Worker, Public Safety Department. (passed Civil Service exam).
- RESOLUTION - Paul Fandel appointed permanent, full time Mechanic, Roads and Bridges. (passed Civil Service exam).
- RESOLUTION - Bryan Manning appointed permanent, full time Equipment Operator, Parks and Recreation. (passed Civil Service exam).
- RESOLUTION - Amanda Adams appointed permanent, full time Family Service Worker, Human Services Department. (approved replacement – hired from Civil Service List).
- RESOLUTION - Joseph Kvarta, Family Service Worker, Human Services Department, leave of absence without pay. (medical).
- RESOLUTION - Dana Bivona, Family Service Worker, Human Services Department, leave of absence without pay. (medical).
- RESOLUTION - Alysia Pinkerton appointed temporary, when and as needed, Clerk in Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension. (for 4-H Fair).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Application for Payment #28, for Bid #2005-47, for the Addition and Alteration to the Communications/Emergency Services Center, with DeSapio Construction, Inc., in the amount of $12,009.14.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Application for Payment #29, for Bid #2005-47, for the Addition and Alteration to the Communications/Emergency Services Center, with DeSapio Construction, Inc., in the amount of $66,942.21.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a corrected resolution appointing Robert McGeary to the Advisory Council for the Division of Senior Services, of the Human Services Department.
- Motion to request permission to advertise for the solicitation of competitive bids for County Bid #2009-18, Hoffman Farm Hunting Agreement.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Adam J. Freitag for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing John D. Procopio, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
XII. OLD BUSINESS
- RESOLUTION - Final Approval of the previously agreed to (2008) Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Hunterdon County Corrections – Superior Officers’ Lodge, F.O.P. Lodge #29, for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Motion to approve the revised 5 Year Plan submitted by the Hunterdon County Sheriff.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Technology Program Grant, with the US Dept. of Justice, for federal funds to upgrade and expand communications, security and technology at the Hunterdon County Justice Center, the Sheriff’s Office and the Division of Corrections and Communications in the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $250,000; with the understanding that the spending plan is subject to approval by the Board of Chosen Freeholders according to the County’s procurement process; additionally approval of the standing committee and departments such as the County’s Fleet Management Committee, Facilities Committee, Information Technology Department, the Communications Division of Public Safety, Buildings and Maintenance Department and the Grant Management Committee.
- SAFE in Hunterdon, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps on Wednesday, October 14, 2009, from 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., to hold their annual Candlelight Vigil. Also requesting permission to hang their “Clothesline Project” at the Justice Center and historic Court House, (it will also be at the Monument on Main Street). Again asking the County to provide a podium, light and microphone system.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)