A complete copy of the December 15, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
SWEARING IN CEREMONY FOR FREEHOLDER ELECT - ROBERT G. WALTON
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Historic Court House
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
l. 2:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before December 08, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. Swearing in of Freeholder Elect, Robert G. Walton
Invocation – Reverend Father Michael Saharic
See Photos of Freeholder Walton's Swearing In
The Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders will recess and reconvene in the Main Street County Complex, 2nd Floor Conference Room.
IV. 3:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
V. 4:30 p.m. PROJECT UDPATE, Frank Bell and Robert Thurgarland
- Update on the status of the Records Retention Center.
VI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving the extension of County Bid #2008-29, for maintenance, service and supplies for County copier equipment, with Ditto Copy Systems, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $35,669.88.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of proposals received for County Bid #2009-08, to furnish, deliver and train on 27 handheld thermal imaging cameras for local fire departments, through the Public Safety Department, from Continental Fire and Safety Inc. and MSA Safety Company, as their proposals did not meet the County’s specifications.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2009-08, to furnish, deliver and train on 27 handheld thermal imaging cameras for local fire departments, through the Public Safety Department, to New Jersey Fire Equipment Company, in an amount not to exceed $158,544. (grant funded).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of a professional services agreement for auditing services to Samuel Kline and Company, to perform the 2010 annual County Audit, Library Audit and Prosecutor’s Audits, in an amount not to exceed $65,000.
VIII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Coordinator
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, a Municipal Grant Application with Clinton Twp., in the amount of $484,069.67, for Block 7, Lots 18.01, 18.02 and 31.01, consisting of 255.58 +/- acres.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Nonprofit Grant Program Application with the Delaware and Raritan Greenway Land Trust, in the amount not to exceed $79,800, for Block 43, Lot 4, in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Nonprofit Grant Program Application with the Delaware and Raritan Greenway Land Trust, in the amount not to exceed $140,000, for Block 12, Lot 11, in Delaware Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Nonprofit Grant Program Application with the South Branch Watershed Association, in the amount not to exceed $300,000, for Block 7, Lots 13 and 15, in Raritan Township.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, UPDATE, Cynthia J. Yard
X. DISCUSSION ITEMS
- 2010 Temporary Budget.
- Interpretation language - Open Space 2010 Ballot Question.
- Allocation of 2010 Open Space Trust Fund Revenue.
- CEHA Update concerning statutes.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 15, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 01, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Sheppard appointed permanent, full time Chief Park Naturalist, Parks and Recreation. (passed Civil Service Exam).
- RESOLUTION - Taylor Maieski appointed temporary, as needed Student Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Dalia Hoffman appointed unclassified, full time Special Deputy Surrogate, Surrogate’s Court.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2008-32, for the Reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge H-64-W, on Mount Joy Road, over the Musconetcong River, in Holland and Pohatcong Townships, to Sparwick Contracting, Inc., in the amount of $124,393.62.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Transportation Service Agreement with The ARC of Hunterdon, to purchase transportation services for 85 ARC of Hunterdon consumers to and from various work destinations in the County, amount to be received shall not exceed $200,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a cooperative agreement with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, allowing the County Health Department access and use of the New Jersey Environmental Management System (NJEMS), which contains data useful to CEHA partners.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Michael Muller for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Howard E. Buchanan, III, for volunteer service on the Hunterdon County Office of Emergency Management Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for the Multi-Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force Grant, in the amount of $40,727 (state funding).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract award agreement with Somerset County, for the amount of $53,979, to provide employment related services to temporary assistance to Needy Families (TANF), General Assistance (GA) and Food Stamp recipients.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2009 Wastewater Management Grant Agreement, with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, in the amount of $109,091, for the Hunterdon County Wastewater Management with Plan Green Infrastructure Planning Objectives.
- Green Brook Racing LLC, requesting permission to use County roads on September 19, 2010, for the annual BUCKMAN spring distance Triathlon at Round Valley Recreation Area, beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Quakertown Volunteer Emergency Medical Services, requesting permission to set up an account for County fuel.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)