A complete copy of the December 1, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2009
2:45 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
l. 3:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 3:00 p.m.EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. 4:30 p.m.FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director
- RESOLUTION - Request Division of Local Government Services approve the insertion of an item of revenue in the 2009 Budget for the Wastewater Management Plan Grant, in the amount of $109,091.
V. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
VI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Clucas Farms, LLC, for Cold Brook Preserve, Block 38, Lot 8, in Tewksbury Twp., amount to be collected $2,100.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Derwood Farms, for Three Bridges, North Section of the South Branch, in Raritan Township, Block 74, Lot 2, amount to be collected $108.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Kocsis Farm, LLC, for the Hoffman Farm, in Union Township, Block 19, Lot 12, amount to be collected $1,806.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Kocsis Farm, LLC, for Schick Preserve, in Alexandria Township, Block 5, Lots 9, 10 and 11 and Block 6, Lot 10.02, amount to be collected $7,434.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Laine Farms, for Clover Hill Park, in Raritan Township, Block 75, Lot 8, amount to be collected $0.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Laine Farms, for the South Branch Wildlife Management Area, in Raritan and Hillsborough Townships, amount to be collected $0.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Bid #2008-38, for Parkland Maintenance, with Wesley Pandy, for Wescott Nature Preserve, in Delaware Township, Block 30, Lots 18.01, 36.01 and 36.02, amount to be collected $300.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional engineering design services contract for the modification and relocation of a traffic signal, with Greenman Pedersen, Inc., in an amount not to exceed 29,500.
VII. PLANNING BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Director
- Discussion of Highlands Plan Conformance, December 08, 2009 deadline.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the submission of a petition for Plan Conformance to the Highlands Water Protection and Planning Council for Land in the Highlands Preservation Area.
VIII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, UPDATE, Cynthia J. Yard
IX. DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Open Space Trust Fund with the Planning Board Director, Sue Dziamara.
- 2010 Open Space Trust Fund Ballot Question with Kevin Richardson, Open Space Coordinator.
- The cost analysis prepared by the Health Director, John Beckley, on the County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) Grant.
- Solid Waste Advisory Council presentation.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 01, 2009.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for November 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of November 17, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Laurene Fleming appointed unclassified, full time Emergency Management Coordinator, Emergency Management Division, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Establishing a no passing zone along County Route 618, in Clinton Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Discharge of Mortgage on property known as Block 06, Lot 45.01, in Readington Twp.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Director and Deputy Director to sign a Medicare Enrollment Application for Clinic/Group Practices, for the Clinical Laboratories/Health Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a cost share agreement with Hampton Borough, for improvements to curbs and sidewalks along County Route 635.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit Corporation, for 2010, in the amount of $519,101.00, in State “Casino Revenue” funding, to be used for Operating, Capital and Administrative costs of providing transportation services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a State Contract with New Jersey Human Services for $73,742 in state funds and a Public Donor agreement to the Social Services Block Grant contract, #10AHKC, reflecting $15,405 in cash funds and $2,485 in in-kind funds to be used as the County Match.
- RESOLUTION - Approving State Contract, #10AMKC, with New Jersey Human Services, in the amount of $133,463 for transportation services and a concomitant Public Donor Agreement in the amount of $32,704 as a County Match.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Comprehensive County Youth Services Grant plan/application with the New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission in the amount of $295,297, for 2010, consisting of “State/County Partnership” funding, in the amount of $191,117; “Family Court” funding, in the amount of $97,157 and “Juvenile Accountability Block Grant”, (JABG) funding, in the amount of $6,321.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, in the amount of $11,120, for County Cultural Agency Arts Program Support.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)