A complete copy of the August 04, 2009 Meeting Minutes is available for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, August 04, 2009
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before July 23, 2009, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. 2:00 p.m. Emergency Policy Addressing Hunterdon County's Fiscal and Budgetary Crisis - Further Study Items
III. 3:30 p.m. ESECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. 4:30 p. m. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status of County Clerk’s request for Judge’s ruling to use Trust Funds.
- County Clerk’s request to hire attorney Jack Carbone at $300/hour.
- Continuation of request to reduce OPRA fees.
- Modification to the Controlled Hunting Program, Parks Department.
- Determination of whether County should order Flu Vaccine or third party vendor should order.
VI. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING
RESOLUTION - Declaring surplus property located at Block , Lot , (Bush Property) Readington Township and retaining right-of-way in accordance with recommendation of the County Engineer and authorizing County Counsel to begin process for disposal.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of a portion of property for a permanent right-of way easement, Block 27, Lot 39, East Amwell Township, in connection with the replacement of Bridge E-166.
- Status of drainage issue on County Route 519, Kingwood Township.
- Projects Update
VII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24489, through State Contract #A-62563, with Wright Line, Inc., for computer dispatch furniture for the Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety Department, in the amount of $20,876.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24490, through State Contract #A-53824, with Transcore, for dispatch equipment for the Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety Department, in the amount of $92,165.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24491, through State Contract #A-53824, with Transcore, for dispatch equipment removal, staging, re-installation and testing for the Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety Department, in the amount of $22,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #24492, through State Contract #A-69907, with Embarq, for 911 telecommunications equipment for the Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety Department, in the amount of $229,600.77.
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the 2008 County Audit.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- Update on health benefits analysis.
- Update on the Department of Corrections annual inspection.
- Appeal of travel request denial.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated August 4, 2009.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of July 07, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Whitney Farkus appointed permanent, full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department, from the Civil Service list to replace resignation – State funded position.
- RESOLUTION - Marcella Iglar Senior Clerk Transcriber, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services, approving medical leave of absence without pay, beginning July 13, 2009 and ending July 30, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Josephine Mallow Senior Account Clerk, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services, approving medical leave of absence without pay, beginning July 15, 2009 and ending August 03, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Gary Butler Supervisor Roads, Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department, approving medical leave of absence without pay, beginning July 13, 2009 and ending August 24, 2009.
- RESOLUTION - Amy Banko appointed provisional, full time Senior Account Clerk/Senior Index Clerk, County Clerk’s Department.
- RESOLUTION - Implementing County Prosecutor’s and Constitutional Officers’ salary increase as mandated by Senate Bill No. 2748/Assembly Bill No. 2135.
- RESOLUTION - Approving member appointment/reappointments to the Professional Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse for Michael LaCosta, Susan Jackson, Karin Gruss, Terry Tehsildar, Glenn Duncan, Kathy Straley, Suzanne Fischer and Laurie Willard, effective August 1, 2008 through July 31, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a contract modification with the Hunterdon Medical Center for a one month extension for the Public Health Nursing contract.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing
Tim Siessel, Boy Scouts of America,Troop 1969, for attained the designation of "Eagle Scout", Scouting's highest award.
XI. OLD BUSINESS
- Information Technology, requesting permission to join GMIS International, which allows participation in meetings, conferences, for the NJ State Chapter of GMIS also, in the amount of $75 for 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant application for the County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force Grant, with $30,831.00 in federal funds, $30,831.00 in County funds for a total grant amount of $61,662.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services for the Cancer Control Grant, in the amount of $65,000.00.
- Skylands Triathlon, request to use County safety equipment (250 cones) for their championship event on September 13, 2009.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)