|www.co.hunterdon.nj.us||Back to Freeholder's Main Page|
A complete copy of the March 18, 2008 Board Meeting Minutes have been approved by the Board.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 5:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m. Special Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 5:00 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m.H.C. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, Michael Capabianco
- Briefing on Hunterdon County Shared Services.
V. BERGEN COUNTY, Alan Kohn
- Presentation on a reduced cost medical supply program.
VI. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- Introduction of the 2008 County Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfer in certain 2007 Appropriation Accounts.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Temporary Capital Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Establishing a CAP Bank.
- INTRODUCTION - Capital Ordinance No. 01-08, authorizing the acquisition of vehicles, in the amount of $284,500.
VII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
VIII. OPEN SPACE, Kevin S. Richardson, Coordinator
- Presentation of a County Cooperative Acquisition Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Property Management Agreement with the Township of Delaware, the New Jersey Water Supply Authority and the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, for Block 30, Lot 1 and Block 19, Lot 26, in Delaware Township.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County Road and Bridge projects.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement for Block 5, Lot 15, (Holcombe II Farm), with West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement with West Amwell (Holcombe), for Block 5, Lot 15, (SADC - $363,000, County - $121,000, Township - $121,000), Total amount of $605,000.
XI. PLANNNG BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Director
- Update on farmland preservation and planning board activities.
- To discuss a resolution opposing the Governor’s proposal to eliminate the Department of Agriculture.
XII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #23820, with TekTron, for voter analogs, for the Division of Emergency Services of the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $102,416.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Department to procure certain goods or services from federally approved vendors.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #23805, with HC Services, for fire suppression foam, for the Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $44,962.60.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to Bid #2006-43, extending the contract for thee months, with Vital Communications, Inc., through July 16, 2008, increase of $19,218.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional mechanical engineering design services agreement with Strunk Albert Engineering, for proposed upgrades to the outside underground fueling station and vehicle wash bay to be in compliance with NJ Storm Water Regulations, in the amount of $25,000.
XIII. PARKS and RECREATION, John G. Trontis, Director
- Update on Parks and Recreation activities.
- Discussion of Family rates at Heron Glen Golf Course.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revised 2008 Golf Facility rates for Heron Glen.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of October 09, 2007.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 18, 2008.
- RESOLUTION - David Lu appointed unclassified, full time Assistant Prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Waisempacher appointed permanent, full time Mechanic’s Helper, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Elizabeth Gilbert appointed provisional, part time Librarian, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Yasmin Rivera-Howard appointed provisional, full time Health Educator, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Nancy Randazzo appointed temporary, as needed Clerk Typist, Administration Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of temporary, as needed seasonal Recreation Canoe Leaders, in Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Kyle Kullman for Interim Supervisory Duties, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with Bill Evans Soulgrass for a performance on July 10, 2008, for the “Music Under the Stars” concert series, in the amount of $4,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an InterLocal Health Services Agreement with Milford Borough, for public health activities and services.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for Bid #2007-27, for Safety Improvements to County Route 513 with County Route 610, in Frenchtown Borough, with Orchard Holdings, LLC, in the amount of $2,319.71.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Rogut McCarthy LLC, to serve as Bond Counsel.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional auditing services agreement with Suplee, Clooney and Company, for the Public Housing Agency, in an amount not to exceed $7,000.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May, 2008 as Older Americans Month.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract for the 2008 County Environmental Health Act grant, in the amount of $153,788 in state funds and a County match of $144,788, for a total of $298,576.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of the 9-1-1 County Coordinator Grant with the Office of Information Technology/Office of Emergency Telecommunications Services, for 2008, in the amount of $25,000.
- Three Bridges Volunteer Fire Company, requesting permission to hold their second Five-mile run fund raiser on Saturday, August 23, 2008, using County Route 613.
- North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District , requesting GIS Map Data files for the district’s pupil transportation software vendor, to update the district’s routing software.
XIX. 7:00 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING
- PUBLIC HEARING – Solid Waste Management Plan Amendment.
XX. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XXI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XXII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)