|www.co.hunterdon.nj.us||Back to Freeholder's Main Page|
A complete copy of the March 04, 2008 Board Meeting Minutes is available online for review.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: Introduction of Jerry Vernotica, County Superintendent of Schools.
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before February 29, 2008, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. 4:30 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 6:00 p.m. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
V. COUNTY PROJECTS, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Project Update.
VI . C
OUNTY CLERK, Mary H. MelfiCANCELLED
VII. HEALTH DEPT., John W. Beckley, Director
- Quarterly update.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center to provide a public health nurse and public health epidemiologist, as part of the Local Core Capacity Infrastructure Bioterrorism Grant, in the amount of $$112,626.
VIII. PLANNNG BOARD, Sue Dziamara, Director
- To discuss a request from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, asking if Hunterdon County is willing to accept wastewater management planning responsibility.
- RESOLUTION - Supports keeping Route 78 scenic.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- To discuss a request for support from the North Jersey Resource Conservation and Development Council, in connection with the “Walnut Brook Riparian Restoration: a model approach to restoring stream corridors in urbanizing areas” project. The project area includes the Mine Brook Park property, (a/k/a the Dvoor Farm).
X. PARKS and RECREATION, John G. Trontis, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revised 2008 Golf Facility rates for Heron Glen.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 25, 2007.
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 04, 2008.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds report for February 2008.
- RESOLUTION - Jason Theis appointed permanent, full time Correction Officer, Division of Corrections, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Brian Decker appointed permanent, full time Senior Engineering Aide, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Nancy Schepens appointed permanent, full time Supervising Housing Assistance Technician, Housing Division, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Stephen Raymond appointed permanent, full time Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Public Safety Division.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Woodward appointed provisional, full time Assistant Fiscal Officer, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Sarah Pierro appointed provisional, full time GIS Trainee, GIS Division, Information Technology Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Discharge of a Mortgage for John and Cheryl Pate, in East Amwell Township.
- RESOULITON - Approving an agreement with Ernie Martinelli Management, for a performance on July 24, 2008, by The Coasters/Platters, as part of the “Music Under the Stars” concert series, in the amount of $8,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2008 Subregional Transportation Program, with the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $64,880. (Federal funds: $51,904, County Match: $12,976).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Transportation Services Agreement with The ARC of Hunterdon County, to transport 85 consumers, amount to be received - $189,667.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Memorandum of Agreement with the South Branch Watershed Association, Roads, Bridges and Engineering and the Parks and Recreation Department, with regard to the Water Quality Basin Maintenance area for Heron Glen.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Shade Tree Commission, the Forestry Management Plan for Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving change order #33, for Bid #2005-47, Addition and Alteration to the Communications/ Emergency Services Center, with DeSapio Construction, Inc., increase of $1,213.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional auditing services agreement with Suplee, Clooney and Company, for the Public Housing Agency, in an amount not to exceed $7,000.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Nipun Tulshian for achieving the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Final Application (Part II) Verification, for one (1) Ford E450 Startrans/Supreme Senator Minibus vehicle for the LINK, to be purchased through the 2006 Grant Year 5310 program, administered by New Jersey Transit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant with the North Hunterdon Cluster, to implement substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $24,896.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant with the Voorhees Cluster, to implement substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $21,457.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant with the Delaware Valley Cluster, to implement substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $19,544.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant with the Central Hunterdon Cluster, to implement substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $32,569.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant with the South Hunterdon Cluster, to implement substance abuse prevention services, in the amount of $15,819.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the “Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Agreement”, with New Jersey Transit, reducing the 2008 funding by $66,960 to purchase two minivans.
- Somerset Wheelmen, again requesting to conduct the Readington Time Trail on County Route 629 (Pleasant Run Road) on Saturday, April 12, 2008, with a turnaround about ¼ mile east of Route 523. The event will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude around 9:30 a.m.
- Lebanon Township First Aid Squad, requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on May 24 and 25, 2008 and August 30 and 31, 2008, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Whitehouse First Aid & Rescue Squad, Inc., requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on April 19, 2008 and October 04, 2008.
- Lambertville-New Hope Ambulance & Rescue Squad, requesting permission to purchase vehicle fuel through the County.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS ASSIGNMENT REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)